Giant 2015 Omnium (Black)
This product was added to our catalog on April 6, 2015.
Built to produce as much speed as possible in the velodrome, this pure-bred track racing machine is made with stiff, aerodynamic and lightweight ALUXX SL aluminum tubing. The OverDrive steerer tube and purpose-built aerodynamic fork offer incredible front-end stiffness and precision for out-of-the-saddle sprints. There are no brake bosses, no bottle mounts, no frills—just pure performance to beat the competition and the clock.
- Light and strong double-butted ALUXX SL-grade aluminum frame
- Advanced-grade composite fork with alloy OverDrive steerer
- Track-specific Giant Alloy SL Aero 42mm-deep rims laced to high-flange hubs
Sizes: S, M, M/L, L
Frame: ALUXX SL-grade aluminum, Aero track design
Fork: Advanced-grade composite, Alloy OverDrive steerer
Handlebar: Giant Contact SL, 31.8mm
Stem: Giant Connect
Seatpost: Giant Vector, Composite
Saddle: Fi'zi:k Aliante Delta, MG rails
Front Derailleur: N/A
Rear Derailleur: N/A
Brake Levers: N/A
Cassette: LMA 1/2 x 1/8-inch, 13, 14, 15, 16T
Chain: KMC Devil 101, Track
Crankset: Truvativ Omnium 1.1 Track, 48T
Bottom Bracket: Truvativ GXP, External
Rims: Giant Alloy SL Aero, 42mm deep
Hubs: High-Flange Track-Specific, Sealed bearing; [F] 20h, [R] 24h
Spokes: Sapim Race, 14/15g
Tires: Giant P-SLR1, Front and rear specific, 700x23, Folding
Extremely lightweight framesets featuring high-performance strength-to-weight ratios
- Predominantly features 6011 alloy for a high-performance strength-to-weight ratio
- Double butting results in lighter weight without sacrificing strength
- Features PressForming, WarmForming (advanced manipulation of tubeset shaping via an injection of high-pressure air) and FluidForming in select models
- Features both Standard (double-pass weld technique without finish sanding/filing) and Smooth welding techniques for outstanding strength and weight
FEATURES: Giant’s most advanced fork steerer-tube technology. Oversized headset bearings (1 1/4-inch top and 1 1/2-inch bottom bearings) and a tapered steerer tube combine for unprecedented steering performance with no additional weight.
BENEFIT: Compared to the already stiff OverDrive system, OverDrive 2 provides up to 30 percent more torsional steering stiffness. This translates into industry-leading steering precision. Whether you’re sprinting for the finish or cornering hard in the most demanding conditions, you can ride with more power and confidence.