Giant 2015 Omnium (Black)
Built to produce as much speed as possible in the velodrome, this pure-bred track racing machine is made with stiff, aerodynamic and lightweight ALUXX SL aluminum tubing. The OverDrive steerer tube and purpose-built aerodynamic fork offer incredible front-end stiffness and precision for out-of-the-saddle sprints. There are no brake bosses, no bottle mounts, no frills—just pure performance to beat the competition and the clock.
- Light and strong double-butted ALUXX SL-grade aluminum frame
- Advanced-grade composite fork with alloy OverDrive steerer
- Track-specific Giant Alloy SL Aero 42mm-deep rims laced to high-flange hubs
Sizes: S, M, M/L, L
Frame: ALUXX SL-grade aluminum, Aero track design
Fork: Advanced-grade composite, Alloy OverDrive steerer
Handlebar: Giant Contact SL, 31.8mm
Stem: Giant Connect
Seatpost: Giant Vector, Composite
Saddle: Fi'zi:k Aliante Delta, MG rails
Front Derailleur: N/A
Rear Derailleur: N/A
Brake Levers: N/A
Cassette: LMA 1/2 x 1/8-inch, 13, 14, 15, 16T
Chain: KMC Devil 101, Track
Crankset: Truvativ Omnium 1.1 Track, 48T
Bottom Bracket: Truvativ GXP, External
Rims: Giant Alloy SL Aero, 42mm deep
Hubs: High-Flange Track-Specific, Sealed bearing; [F] 20h, [R] 24h
Spokes: Sapim Race, 14/15g
Tires: Giant P-SLR1, Front and rear specific, 700x23, Folding
Extremely lightweight framesets featuring high-performance strength-to-weight ratios
- Predominantly features 6011 alloy for a high-performance strength-to-weight ratio
- Double butting results in lighter weight without sacrificing strength
- Features PressForming, WarmForming (advanced manipulation of tubeset shaping via an injection of high-pressure air) and FluidForming in select models
- Features both Standard (double-pass weld technique without finish sanding/filing) and Smooth welding techniques for outstanding strength and weight
FEATURES: Giant’s most advanced fork steerer-tube technology. Oversized headset bearings (1 1/4-inch top and 1 1/2-inch bottom bearings) and a tapered steerer tube combine for unprecedented steering performance with no additional weight.
BENEFIT: Compared to the already stiff OverDrive system, OverDrive 2 provides up to 30 percent more torsional steering stiffness. This translates into industry-leading steering precision. Whether you’re sprinting for the finish or cornering hard in the most demanding conditions, you can ride with more power and confidence.
This product was added to our catalog on April 6, 2015.