Giant 2017 Fathom 2 (Green)
This product was added to our catalog on August 2, 2016.
This new off-road bike blends the efficient ride quality of a classic hardtail with the can-do capabilities of an all-around trail bike. Itís built around a lightweight ALUXX SL aluminum frame thatís designed specifically for 27.5 wheels. The frame features more forgiving geometry, including a 67-degree head angle designed for a 120mm suspension fork-so itís well-suited to modern mountain bike trails. The Fathom series also offers a more rugged component selection, giving aspiring trail riders the ability to climb technical terrain with less effort and have more fun on the descents.
- ALUXX SL-grade aluminum frame
- SR Suntour Raidon XC LO-R 120mm travel fork with 15mm thru-axle
- Alloy double-wall rims, Giant Sport Tracker hubs, stainless spokes
- Shimano Alivio / Deore 2x9-speed drivetrain with Shimano M315 hydraulic disc brakes
Sizes: S, M, L, XL
Frame: ALUXX SL-grade aluminum
Fork: SR Suntour Raidon XC LO-R, 15mm thru-axle, OverDrive, 120mm travel
Handlebar: Giant Connect Trail, 31.8mm
Stem: Giant Connect
Seatpost: TranzX YSP-03 dropper post, internal routing, 30.9mm
Saddle: Giant Connect Upright
Pedals: Platform, caged
Shifters: Shimano Alivio
Front Derailleur: Shimano Deore
Rear Derailleur: Shimano Deore
Brakes: Shimano M315, hydraulic disc, [F] 180mm [R] 160mm
Brake Levers: Shimano M315
Cassette: Shimano HG400 12x36, 9-speed
Chain: KMC X9
Crankset: FSA Comet, 24/38
Bottom Bracket: FSA, Press fit
Rims: Giant Alloy, Double wall
Hubs: Giant Sport Tracker Disc, [F] 15mm thru-axle 28h, [R] QR 32h
Spokes: Stainless Steel, 14g
Tires: Maxxis Ardent, 27.5x2.25, Folding
Weight: The most accurate way to determine any bikeís weight is to have your local dealer weigh it for you. Many brands strive to list the lowest possible weight, but in reality weight can vary based on size, finish, hardware and accessories. All Giant bikes are designed for best-in-class weight and ride quality.
Features: Giantís original oversized fork steerer-tube technology. Designed to provide solid front-end steering performance, the systemís oversized headset bearings and tapered steerer tube provide optimal steering stiffness. Road models feature 1 1/8-inch top and 1 1/4-inch bottom bearings, while the mountain version features 1 1/8-inch top and 1 1/2-inch bottom bearings.
Benefit: OverDrive provides up to 15 percent more torsional steering stiffness than straight steerer-tube designs. This translates into much more accurate steering input from a riderís hands, through the handlebar and stem, and down to the front wheel. Whether hammering uphill or carving through a corner, OverDrive transmits input directly to the front wheel for more precise handling.
- Predominantly features 6011 alloy for a high-performance strength-to-weight ratio
- Double butting results in lighter weight without sacrificing strength
- Features PressForming, WarmForming (advanced manipulation of tubeset shaping via an injection of high-pressure air) and FluidForming in select models
- Features both Standard (double-pass weld technique without finish sanding/filing) and Smooth welding techniques for outstanding strength and weight