Giant 2017 Fathom 29er 2 (Orange/Black)
This all-new 29er blends the efficiency of a classic hardtail with purpose-built modern frame geometry. The result is confident handling for a wide range of XC pursuits. And with its larger diameter 29-inch wheels, Fathom 29 gives riders an added boost of stability. The lightweight ALUXX SL aluminum frame has a 69-degree head angle thatís designed specifically for its 29er wheels and a 100mm suspension fork. So you get optimal power and efficiency on the climbs, and total control on the descents.
- ALUXX SL-grade aluminum frame
- SR Suntour Raidon XC LO-R 100mm travel fork with 15mm thru-axle
- Alloy double-wall rims, Giant Sport Tracker hubs, stainless spokes
- Shimano Alivio / Deore 2x9-speed drivetrain with Shimano M315 hydraulic disc brakes
Sizes: S, M, L, XL
Colors: Black/Green, Orange/Black
Frame: ALUXX SL-grade aluminum
Fork: SR Suntour Raidon XC LO-R, OverDrive, 100mm travel
Handlebar: Giant Connect Trail, 31.8mm
Stem: Giant Connect
Seatpost: Giant Connect, 30.9mm
Saddle: Giant Connect Upright
Pedals: Platform, caged
Shifters: Shimano Alivio
Front Derailleur: Shimano Deore
Rear Derailleur: Shimano Deore
Brakes: Shimano M315, hydraulic disc, [F] 180mm, [R] 160mm
Brake Levers: Shimano M315
Cassette: Shimano HG400 12x36, 9-speed
Chain: KMC X9
Crankset: FSA Comet, 24/38
Bottom Bracket: FSA, Press fit
Rims: Giant Alloy, Double wall
Hubs: Giant Sport Tracker Disc, QR, [F] 28h, [R] 32h
Spokes: Stainless Steel, 14g
Tires: Maxxis Crossmark II, 29x2.25, Wire
Weight: The most accurate way to determine any bikeís weight is to have your local dealer weigh it for you. Many brands strive to list the lowest possible weight, but in reality weight can vary based on size, finish, hardware and accessories. All Giant bikes are designed for best-in-class weight and ride quality.
XC Tuned Geometry:
More acute (69-degree headtube angle) geometry, optimized for a shorter-travel (100mm) suspension fork, delivers a performance-oriented ride for aspiring XC riders.
The rear end of the frame features a lowered seatstay design for added compliance, resulting in a smoother ride and added control on rough trails.
Benefit: OverDrive provides up to 15 percent more torsional steering stiffness than straight steerer-tube designs. This translates into much more accurate steering input from a riderís hands, through the handlebar and stem, and down to the front wheel. Whether hammering uphill or carving through a corner, OverDrive transmits input directly to the front wheel for more precise handling.
Extremely lightweight framesets featuring high-performance strength-to-weight ratios
- Predominantly features 6011 alloy for a high-performance strength-to-weight ratio
- Double butting results in lighter weight without sacrificing strength
- Features PressForming, WarmForming (advanced manipulation of tubeset shaping via an injection of high-pressure air) and FluidForming in select models
- Features both Standard (double-pass weld technique without finish sanding/filing) and Smooth welding techniques for outstanding strength and weight
This product was added to our catalog on July 29, 2016.