At the core of this competition-oriented downhill flyer is an all-new, 27.5-wheel-specific Advanced composite frameset. The radically shaped tubeset utilizes the latest, lightweight co-pivot design to shed weight while maintaining outstanding stiffness and durability with state-of-the-art composite technology.
- OverDrive headtube for maximum front end stiffness without weight penalty
- 8 inches/203mm of Maestro suspension travel
- Internal rear swingarm cable routing
- Integrated fork bumper cable guides
- Advanced-Grade Composite main frame, 8" Maestro suspension, ALUXX SL rear end
- RockShox Boxxer RC fork, 200mm of travel
- RockShox Vivid R2C shock
- Giant wheelset including Giant P-AM2 rims and Giant PDH hubs; with Schwalbe Magic Mary tires
- SRAM 10-speed downhill-specific drivetrain with SRAM Guide hydraulic disc brakes
Sizes: S, M, L
Frame: Advanced-Grade Composite, 8" Maestro Suspension /ALUXX SL Rear
Fork: RockShox Boxxer RC, 200mm travel
Shock: RockShox Vivid R2C
Handlebar: Giant Contact SLR DH Carbon, 800x31.8mm
Stem: Giant Contact SL DH, Direct Mount
Seatpost: Giant Contact SL Zero Offset, 30.9mm
Saddle: Giant Contact, Forward
Shifters: SRAM X7 Trigger, Rear Only
Front Derailleur: N/A
Rear Derailleur: SRAM X9, Type 2
Brakes: SRAM Guide R, [F] 200mm [R] 180mm
Brake Levers: SRAM Guide R
Cassette: SRAM PG1050, 11-26 10-speed
Chain: KMC X-10
Crankset: Truvativ Descendent, 36T w/ MRP G3 Mini
Bottom Bracket: SRAM GXP
Rims: Giant P-AM2
Hubs: Giant PDH [F] 20mm Thru Axle [R] 12x150mm
Tires: Schwalbe Magic Mary, Evo Wire, Vertstar 27.5x2.35
Whatever off-road adventures you seek, Giant's Maestro Suspension helps you make the most of your efforts. Control, traction, comfort, speed—you get more of everything with Maestro. From fast and efficient 4-inch-travel XC to full 8-inch DH bikes, Maestro is an adaptable system that offers smooth, active rear suspension on all types of terrain.
Three core benefits set Maestro Suspension Technology apart from the rest:
- PEDALING EFFICIENCY
- Whether you’re sprinting up a climb or coasting through a rock garden, Maestro Suspension performs consistently under pedaling power and doesn’t compromise efficiency.
- COMPLETE SUSPENSION ACTIVITY
- From high-frequency trail vibrations to heavy-hitting compressions, Maestro Suspension soaks up the full spectrum of trail impacts.
- TOTAL BRAKE INDEPENDENCE
- Even under full braking force, Maestro Suspension remains fully active and reactive.
As the first manufacturer to bring the tapered headtube to market—with the 2006 Glory mountain bike—Giant knows a thing or two about inventing solutions for improved steering precision. The original OverDrive technology resulted in groundbreaking stiffness-to-weight ratios, and the newer OverDrive 2 system on high-performance road and mountain bikes offers even further advantages.
- OverDrive 2: Giant’s most advanced fork steerer-tube technology. Oversized headset bearings (1 1/4-inch top and 1 1/2-inch bottom bearings) and a tapered steerer tube combine for unprecedented steering performance with no additional weight.
- BENEFIT: Compared to the already stiff OverDrive system, OverDrive 2 provides up to 30 percent more torsional steering stiffness. This translates into industry-leading steering precision. Whether you’re sprinting for the finish or cornering hard in the most demanding conditions, you can ride with more power and confidence.
OVERDRIVE 2 FEATURES:
- 1 1/4-inch top bearing
- 1 ½-inch bottom bearing
- 1 1/4 –inch stem
- Tapered steerer-tube
- Custom OverDrive 2 expansion wedge
ADVANCED COMPOSITE TECHNOLOGY
Giant's High Performance-grade raw carbon fiber is used to produce custom composite material in our own composite factory. Extremely lightweight, stiff and compliant, these handcrafted frames feature the following materials and processes:
- MATERIALS: High Performance-grade raw carbon material features an excellent stiffness-to-weight ratio.
- RESIN: High Performance formula provides excellent void minimization (bubbles) while maintaining outstanding strength. And vibration absorbing particles are added to help disperse road shock.
- MODIFIED MONOCOQUE CONSTRUCTION: The front triangle (downtube, headtube, toptube, seattube) is assembled and molded as one continuous piece. This front half is then joined to the rear chainstays and seatstays in a secondary process. This process eliminates the outermost woven composite sheet to reduce weight without affecting ride quality, strength or stiffness.