Giant Lust 1 Women's Full Suspension Mountain Bike (2015) (Black/Purple)
This product was added to our catalog on April 6, 2015.
With the perfect combination of a fast and stable 27.5-inch wheel platform and Liv’s 3F design philosophy, Lust is the ultimate XC all-rounder. The frame, a lightweight, hydroformed ALUXX SL alloy work of art, features plenty of stand-over height for confidence on technical trails and it has all the right angles to make the most of its smooth and agile 27.5 wheels. Add 4 inches/100mm of proven Maestro Suspension technology plus a 15mm thru-axle for front-end stiffness and control and it’s the perfect choice for XC rides ranging from marathon races to everyday trail rides.
- ALUXX SL-grade aluminum frame with 4 inches of smooth Maestro suspension
- RockShox SID RL Solo Air 100mm-travel fork with 15mm thru-axle
- RockShox Monarch RT rear shock
- Giant P-XC2 rims, Giant Performance Tracker hubs, stainless butted spokes
- SRAM X9 / X7 10-speed drivetrain with Avid Guide RS hydraulic disc brakes
Sizes: XS, S, M
Frame: ALUXX SL-grade aluminum, 4" Maestro suspension
Fork: RockShox SID RL Solo Air w/ 15mm thru-axle, OverDrive steerer, 100mm travel
Shock: RockShox Monarch RT
Handlebar: Giant Contact SL, Low rise, 31.8mm
Stem: Giant Contact SL
Seatpost: Giant Contact SL, 30.9mm
Saddle: Fi'zi:k Donna, MG rails
Shifters: SRAM X9
Front Derailleur: SRAM X7
Rear Derailleur: SRAM X9, Type 2
Brakes: Avid Guide RS, Hydraulic disc, 160mm
Brake Levers: Avid Guide RS
Cassette: SRAM PG1050 11x36, 10-speed
Chain: KMC X10
Crankset: SRAM S1000, 22/36
Bottom Bracket: SRAM, Press fit
Rims: Giant P-XC2, Double wall
Hubs: Giant Performance Tracker Disc, 32h, [F] 15mm axle, [R] 135x5mm QR
Spokes: Stainless Steel, 14/15g
Tires: Schwalbe Racing Ralph EVO, Tubeless ready, 27.5x2.25, Folding
OverDrive 2: Giant’s most advanced fork steerer-tube technology. Oversized headset bearings (1 1/4-inch top and 1 1/2-inch bottom bearings) and a tapered steerer tube combine for unprecedented steering performance with no additional weight.
BENEFIT: Compared to the already stiff OverDrive system, OverDrive 2 provides up to 30 percent more torsional steering stiffness. This translates into industry-leading steering precision. Whether you’re sprinting for the finish or cornering hard in the most demanding conditions, you can ride with more power and confidence.
OVERDRIVE 2 FEATURES:
- 1 1/4-inch top bearing
- 1 ˝-inch bottom bearing
- 1 1/4 –inch stem
- Tapered steerer-tube
- Custom OverDrive 2 expansion wedge
Whatever off-road adventures you seek, Giant's Maestro Suspension helps you make the most of your efforts. Control, traction, comfort, speed—you get more of everything with Maestro. From fast and efficient 4-inch-travel XC to full 8-inch DH bikes, Maestro is an adaptable system that offers smooth, active rear suspension on all types of terrain.
Three core benefits set Maestro Suspension Technology apart from the rest:
- PEDALING EFFICIENCY
- Whether you’re sprinting up a climb or coasting through a rock garden, Maestro Suspension performs consistently under pedaling power and doesn’t compromise efficiency.
- COMPLETE SUSPENSION ACTIVITY
- From high-frequency trail vibrations to heavy-hitting compressions, Maestro Suspension soaks up the full spectrum of trail impacts.
- TOTAL BRAKE INDEPENDENCE
- Even under full braking force, Maestro Suspension remains fully active and reactive.
Liv's unique 3F design philosophy ensures that, as a female rider, you are getting the best bike for your riding style. 3F stands for "Fit, Form, Function." These are the elements that guide Liv engineers and designers as they create your bike, apparel and gear. The 3F design philosophy produces the best and most appealing cycling equipment to help all women feel confident and enjoy the ride.
Liv bikes, apparel and gear are designed specifically for women. Liv's team of female designers and engineers consider all aspects of a woman's unique strengths and physical characteristics to create the only complete product collection designed solely for women. Examples of this include:
- Women's-specific fit based on global body dimension studies
- Optimized stem lengths, handlebar width and drop, and crank arm length
- Shorter brake reach
- Comfortable saddle designed for female pelvis and hip shapes
- Liv ApparelFit System with multiple fit options
Liv designers understand the importance of creating bikes, gear and apparel pieces that not only meet the highest performance standards, but also have a great look and feel. From crafting the lightest, smoothest riding bikes to designing distinctive color and graphics combinations, the Liv team is committed to providing the highest level of design and aesthetics. Examples include:
- Thoughtfully considered frame design
- Dynamic use of color and graphics to create eye-catching designs
- Color matching between rider gear and bikes
- Flattering cuts and styles in all apparel items
- Application of fashion color trends and patterns
Liv defines function by how well a product performs in its element. We strive to create lighter, faster, more confidence-inspiring bikes and products for women. Here are some of the ways Liv emphasizes function:
- Utilizing Giant's world-leading craftsmanship and technology to produce a premium product collection
- 3F layup schedule results in custom, ultra-lightweight frame construction for the unique needs of female riders
- Functional fabrics keep you comfortable and performing at your best
- Women' s-specific chamois technology to fit female anatomy
ALUXX SL: Extremely lightweight framesets featuring high-performance strength-to-weight ratios
- Materials: Predominantly features 6011 alloy for a high-performance strength-to-weight ratio
- Forming methods: Double butting results in lighter weight without sacrificing strength
- Features PressForming, WarmForming: (advanced manipulation of tubeset shaping via an injection of high-pressure air) and FluidForming in select models
- Welding techniques: Features both Standard (double-pass weld technique without finish sanding/filing) and Smooth welding techniques for outstanding strength and weight