Giant Lust Advanced 2 Women's Carbon Full Suspension Mountain Bike (2015) (Dark Green/Light Gree
This product was added to our catalog on April 7, 2015.
The world’s first women’s-specific carbon fiber full-suspension bike with 27.5-inch wheels gives you the upper hand on technical XC terrain. The combination of Advanced-grade composite frame material and 4 inches/100mm of Maestro Suspension makes it equally capable in all-out race efforts or all-day trail adventures. Liv’s women’s geometry is optimized for 27.5-inch wheels, making it perfectly balanced for female trail riders and the technologies-including an OverDrive steerer tube and 15mm front thru-axle for stiffness and steering precision, MegaDrive downtube and PowerCore bottom bracket-lend it a fast yet stable feel on all XC terrain.
- Advanced-grade composite mainframe with 4 inches of smooth Maestro suspension
- Fox Float CTD Evolution 100mm-travel fork with 15mm thru-axle
- Fox Float CTD Evolution rear shock
- Giant P-XC2 rims, Giant Performance Tracker hubs, stainless butted spokes
- Shimano SLX / XT 10-speed drivetrain with Shimano SLX hydraulic disc brakes
Sizes: XS, S, M
Colors: Dark Green/Light Green
Frame: Advanced-grade composite w/ ALUXX SL rear triangle, 4" Maestro suspension
Fork: Fox Float CTD Evolution w/ 15mm thru-axle, OverDrive steerer, 100mm travel
Shock: Fox Float CTD Evolution
Handlebar: Giant Contact, Low rise, 31.8mm
Stem: Giant Contact
Seatpost: Giant Contact, 30.9mm
Saddle: Fi'zi:k Donna, MG rails
Shifters: Shimano SLX
Front Derailleur: SRAM X7
Rear Derailleur: Shimano XT, Shadow+
Brakes: Shimano SLX, Hydraulic disc, 160mm
Brake Levers: Shimano SLX
Cassette: Shimano HG81 11x36, 10-speed
Chain: KMC X10SL
Crankset: SRAM S1000, 22/36
Bottom Bracket: SRAM, Press fit
Rims: Giant P-XC2, Double wall
Hubs: Giant Performance Tracker Disc, 32h, [F] 15mm axle, [R] 135x5mm QR
Spokes: Stainless Steel, 14/15g
Tires: Schwalbe Racing Ralph Performance EVO, 27.5x2.25, Folding
Liv's unique 3F design philosophy ensures that, as a female rider, you are getting the best bike for your riding style. 3F stands for "Fit, Form, Function." These are the elements that guide Liv engineers and designers as they create your bike, apparel and gear. The 3F design philosophy produces the best and most appealing cycling equipment to help all women feel confident and enjoy the ride.
Liv bikes, apparel and gear are designed specifically for women. Liv's team of female designers and engineers consider all aspects of a woman's unique strengths and physical characteristics to create the only complete product collection designed solely for women. Examples of this include:
- Women's-specific fit based on global body dimension studies
- Optimized stem lengths, handlebar width and drop, and crank arm length
- Shorter brake reach
- Comfortable saddle designed for female pelvis and hip shapes
- Liv ApparelFit System with multiple fit options
Liv designers understand the importance of creating bikes, gear and apparel pieces that not only meet the highest performance standards, but also have a great look and feel. From crafting the lightest, smoothest riding bikes to designing distinctive color and graphics combinations, the Liv team is committed to providing the highest level of design and aesthetics. Examples include:
- Thoughtfully considered frame design
- Dynamic use of color and graphics to create eye-catching designs
- Color matching between rider gear and bikes
- Flattering cuts and styles in all apparel items
- Application of fashion color trends and patterns
Liv defines function by how well a product performs in its element. We strive to create lighter, faster, more confidence-inspiring bikes and products for women. Here are some of the ways Liv emphasizes Function:
- Utilizing Giant's world-leading craftsmanship and technology to produce a premium product collection
- 3F layup schedule results in custom, ultra-lightweight frame construction for the unique needs of female riders
- Functional fabrics keep you comfortable and performing at your best
- Women' s-specific chamois technology to fit female anatomy
As the first manufacturer to bring the tapered headtube to market—with the 2006 Glory mountain bike—Giant knows a thing or two about inventing solutions for improved steering precision. The original OverDrive technology resulted in groundbreaking stiffness-to-weight ratios, and the newer OverDrive 2 system on high-performance road and mountain bikes offers even further advantages.
OverDrive 2: Giant’s most advanced fork steerer-tube technology. Oversized headset bearings (1 1/4-inch top and 1 1/2-inch bottom bearings) and a tapered steerer tube combine for unprecedented steering performance with no additional weight.
BENEFIT: Compared to the already stiff OverDrive system, OverDrive 2 provides up to 30 percent more torsional steering stiffness. This translates into industry-leading steering precision. Whether you’re sprinting for the finish or cornering hard in the most demanding conditions, you can ride with more power and confidence.
OVERDRIVE 2 FEATURES:
- 1 1/4-inch top bearing
- 1 ½-inch bottom bearing
- 1 1/4 –inch stem
- Tapered steerer-tube
- Custom OverDrive 2 expansion wedge
ADVANCED COMPOSITE TECHNOLOGY
Giant's High Performance-grade raw carbon fiber is used to produce custom composite material in our own composite factory. Extremely lightweight, stiff and compliant, these handcrafted frames feature the following materials and processes:
- MATERIALS: High Performance-grade raw carbon material features an excellent stiffness-to-weight ratio.
- RESIN: High Performance formula provides excellent void minimization (bubbles) while maintaining outstanding strength. And vibration absorbing particles are added to help disperse road shock.
- MODIFIED MONOCOQUE CONSTRUCTION: The front triangle (downtube, headtube, toptube, seattube) is assembled and molded as one continuous piece. This front half is then joined to the rear chainstays and seatstays in a secondary process. This process eliminates the outermost woven composite sheet to reduce weight without affecting ride quality, strength or stiffness.