Giant Stance 27.5 2 MTB (2016) (Black/Green)
Only Giant could bring an all around trail shredder like the Stance 27.5 at such a low price. Featuring 120mm of FlexPoint suspension travel, an ALUXX aluminum frameset, and 27.5 wheel technology, Stance 27.5 is your gateway to trail riding and off-road adventures. Stable geometry, a tapered OverDrive steerer tube design and PowerCore bottom bracket all help make Stance 27.5 a confident trail companion.
- Lightweight and durable ALUXX-grade butted aluminum frame with 4.7 inches of FlexPoint suspension
- RockShox 30 Gold TK Solo Air 120mm-travel fork with lockout
- RockShox Monarch R rear shock
- Giant alloy double-wall rims, Giant Sport Tracker hubs, stainless spokes
- Shimano 3x9-speed drivetrain with Shimano M355 hydraulic disc brakes
Frame: ALUXX-grade aluminum, 4.7" suspension
Fork: RockShox 30 Gold TK Solo Air w/ lockout, OverDrive steerer, 120mm travel
Shock: RockShox Monarch R
Handlebar: Giant Connect Trail, High rise, 31.8mm
Stem: Giant Sport
Seatpost: Giant Sport, 30.9mm
Saddle: Giant Connect, upright
Shifters: Shimano Alivio
Front Derailleur: Shimano Alivio
Rear Derailleur: Shimano Alivio
Brakes: Shimano M355, Hydraulic disc, [F] 180 [R] 160
Brake Levers: Shimano M355, Hydraulic disc
Cassette: Shimano HG200 11x34, 9-speed
Chain: KMC X9
Crankset: FSA Comet, 22/30/40
Bottom Bracket: FSA, Press Fit
Rims: Giant Alloy, Double-wall
Hubs: Giant Sport Tracker Disc, 32h, QR
Spokes: Stainless Steel, 14g
Tires: Maxxis Ardent, 27.5x2.25
Weight: The most accurate way to determine any bikeís weight is to have your local dealer weigh it for you. Many brands strive to list the lowest possible weight, but in reality weight can vary based on size, finish, hardware and accessories. All Giant bikes are designed for best-in-class weight and ride quality.
Features: Giantís original oversized fork steerer-tube technology. Designed to provide solid front-end steering performance, the systemís oversized headset bearings and tapered steerer tube provide optimal steering stiffness. Road models feature 1 1/8-inch top and 1 1/4-inch bottom bearings, while the mountain version features 1 1/8-inch top and 1 1/2-inch bottom bearings.
Benefit: OverDrive provides up to 15 percent more torsional steering stiffness than straight steerer-tube designs. This translates into much more accurate steering input from a riderís hands, through the handlebar and stem, and down to the front wheel. Whether hammering uphill or carving through a corner, OverDrive transmits input directly to the front wheel for more precise handling.
- 6061 alloy for optimized strength-toweight ratios
- Single butting results in light weight without sacrificing strength
- Predominantly features PressForming
- Predominantly features Standard and some Smooth welding techniques for optimized strength and weight
Suspension performance made simple
Using the flexing elements of the rear chainstay and seatstay, FlexPoint Suspension eliminates complex pivots and linkages to provide an effective, lightweight and durable suspension system thatís easy to maintain.
Key advantages include:
- Effective Performance
- The proven ďsingle-pivotĒ suspension design offers trail riders increased control for more confident off-road riding.
- Light and Durable
- The flexing action of the chainstay/seatstay junction creates a simple, lightweight and durable system that provides 4.7 inches/120mm of rear wheel travel.
FlexPoint offers similar benefits as multi-link suspension systems but without the added costs or the need for frequent maintenance.
How it works:
No mechanical rear pivot point:
The flexing action of the chainstay/ seatstay junction creates 4.7inches/120mm of rear wheel travel.
Proven "single pivot" suspension performance:
FlexPointís single pivot suspension design delivers effective performance for light-to-medium trail riding capabilities.
ALUXX Aluminum swingarm:
Giant proprietary swingarm design provides the flexing elements of FlexPoint suspension for durable and effective performance.
Sizing (click to enlarge):
This product was added to our catalog on February 18, 2016.