Giant TCR Advanced Pro 1 Carbon Road Bike (2015) (White/Green/Blue)
Handcrafted from Giantís proven Advanced-grade composite material, the TCR Advanced Pro is engineered to deliver superior all-around road racing performance. From criterium sprints to stage races, its Compact Road geometry and stiff, lightweight chassis give you every advantage. The frame features Giantís OverDrive 2 steerer tube design for superb steering and handling. The MegaDrive downtube and toptube combination, along with the PowerCore bottom bracket, produce sharp handling and quick acceleration. Itís everything you need for competitive road performance.
- Advanced-grade composite frame
- Advanced-grade composite fork with full composite OverDrive 2 steerer
- Giant P-SL0 WheelSystem
- Shimano Ultegra 11-speed mechanical componentry
Sizes: XS, S, M, M/L, L, XL
Frame: Advanced-grade composite, Electronic ready
Fork: Advanced-grade composite, Full-composite OverDrive 2 steerer
Handlebar: Giant Contact SL, 31.8mm
Stem: Giant Contact SL, OverDrive 2
Seatpost: Giant Vector, Composite
Saddle: Fi'zi:k Arione CX, MG rails
Shifters: Shimano Ultegra
Front Derailleur: Shimano Ultegra
Rear Derailleur: Shimano Ultegra
Brakes: Shimano Ultegra
Brake Levers: Shimano Ultegra
Cassette: Shimano Ultegra 11x28, 11-speed
Chain: KMC X11L
Crankset: Shimano Ultegra, 36/52
Bottom Bracket: Shimano, Press fit
Rims: Giant P-SL0 WheelSystem; 21mm wide alloy
Hubs: Giant P-SL0 WheelSystem; [F] 16h, [R] 20h
Spokes: Giant P-SL0 WheelSystem; DT Swiss Aero Competition bladed stainless
Tires: Giant P-SL1, Front and rear specific, 700x23, Folding
As the first manufacturer to bring the tapered headtube to marketówith the 2006 Glory mountain bikeóGiant knows a thing or two about inventing solutions for improved steering precision. The original OverDrive technology resulted in groundbreaking stiffness-to-weight ratios, and the newer OverDrive 2 system on high-performance road and mountain bikes offers even further advantages.
OverDrive 2: Giantís most advanced fork steerer-tube technology. Oversized headset bearings (1 1/4-inch top and 1 1/2-inch bottom bearings) and a tapered steerer tube combine for unprecedented steering performance with no additional weight.
BENEFIT: Compared to the already stiff OverDrive system, OverDrive 2 provides up to 30 percent more torsional steering stiffness. This translates into industry-leading steering precision. Whether youíre sprinting for the finish or cornering hard in the most demanding conditions, you can ride with more power and confidence.
OVERDRIVE 2 FEATURES:
- 1 1/4-inch top bearing
- 1 Ĺ-inch bottom bearing
- 1 1/4 Ėinch stem
- Tapered steerer-tube
- Custom OverDrive 2 expansion wedge
ADVANCED COMPOSITE TECHNOLOGY
Giant's High Performance-grade raw carbon fiber is used to produce custom composite material in our own composite factory. Extremely lightweight, stiff and compliant, these handcrafted frames feature the following materials and processes:
- MATERIALS: High Performance-grade raw carbon material features an excellent stiffness-to-weight ratio.
- RESIN: High Performance formula provides excellent void minimization (bubbles) while maintaining outstanding strength. And vibration absorbing particles are added to help disperse road shock.
- MODIFIED MONOCOQUE CONSTRUCTION: The front triangle (downtube, headtube, toptube, seattube) is assembled and molded as one continuous piece. This front half is then joined to the rear chainstays and seatstays in a secondary process. This process eliminates the outermost woven composite sheet to reduce weight without affecting ride quality, strength or stiffness.
In the late 1990s Giant pioneered a radical new frame shape to give its professional road racers a competitive edge. Driven by a desire to create lighter and faster bikes, Giant's Compact Road Design changed the lookóand the performance capabilitiesóof competitive road bikes forever.
Now, 17 years later, Compact Road Design is still the standard in high-performance bikes. The concept is simple: A toptube that slopes downward from the headtube to the seattube reduces the size of the front and rear triangles. Smaller triangles create a lighter, stiffer bike.
Whatever the frame material, aluminum or composite, Compact Road Design improves the ride. Here's how:
- Compact Roadís most distinctive feature, the downward-sloping toptube, results in smaller front and rear triangles on the frame. Because the triangles are smaller, less material is needed. Less material equals less weight.
- Picture two triangles made from equal diameter tubing. The smaller, more compact triangle uses shorter tubes. The larger triangle requires longer tubes. Itís easy to see which is more structurally soundóthe smaller triangle is stiffer, less susceptible to flexing and twisting. And on a performance road frame, stiffer is faster.
- With traditional geometry, builders increase stiffness by using stiffer material. That might help you sprint faster but it also makes for a less comfortable ride. With Compact Road, Giant engineers are able to design frames with just the right amount of vertical compliance. You get a smoother, more comfortable ride.
- BETTER FIT
- Because of the sloping toptube and lower standover height, itís easier for riders of all sizes to get the perfect fit. With greater adjustability and up to six sizes per series, even Giantís most demanding pro athletes, women and men of all different heights, always have a perfect fit with stock-size frames.
RideSense Included: Giantís all-new chainstay-integrated, wireless data transmitter. The removable transmitter sends wheel-speed and cadence information directly to any ANT+ compatible computer.
This product was added to our catalog on April 8, 2015.