Giant TCR Advanced SL 1 Carbon Road Bike (2015) (Composite/Blue/Green)
This product was added to our catalog on April 8, 2015.
Itís no secret that the TCR Advanced SL wins a lot of pro races. But the reason for its dominance is something our competitors do keep secret: Giant is the only major manufacturer that controls every stage of design and production, from raw carbon thread to this finished racing machine. The others donítóand the results speak for themselves. Tests show that TCR Advanced SL is the lightest, stiffest, best-riding road bike in its class.
With its legacy of proven performance at the highest levels of pro road racing, this is the choice for Giantís pro stage racers and all-arounders. Itís handcrafted with Giantís Advanced SL-grade composite technology. Itís engineered with Compact Road geometry, an OverDrive 2 steerer tube, MegaDrive downtube and PowerCore bottom bracket for the perfect blend of light weight, stiffness and compliance. The integrated seatpost saves 45 grams and adds compliance and the RideSense ANT+ wireless speed/cadence sensor helps you track your race-winning data.
- Professional-grade Advanced SL-grade composite frame
- Advanced SL-grade composite fork with full composite OverDrive 2 steerer
- Giant P-SLR1 WheelSystem
- Shimano Dura-Ace 11-speed mechanical componentry
Sizes: XS, S, M, M/L, L
Frame: Advanced SL-grade composite, Integrated seatpost, Electronic ready
Fork: Advanced SL-grade composite, Full-composite OverDrive 2 steerer
Handlebar: Giant Contact SLR, Composite, 31.8mm
Stem: Giant Contact SLR, OverDrive 2, Composite w/ Titanium bolts
Seatpost: Advanced SL-grade composite, Integrated design
Saddle: Fi'zi:k Arione R3, K:ium rails
Shifters: Shimano Dura-Ace
Front Derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace
Rear Derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace
Brakes: Shimano Dura-Ace
Brake Levers: Shimano Dura-Ace
Cassette: Shimano Dura-Ace 11x25, 11-speed
Chain: KMC X11SL
Crankset: Shimano Dura-Ace, 36/52
Bottom Bracket: Shimano, Press fit
Rims: Giant P-SLR1 WheelSystem; 21mm wide Scandium alloy
Hubs: Giant P-SLR1 WheelSystem; [F] 16h, [R] 20h
Spokes: Giant P-SLR1 WheelSystem; Aerolite bladed stainless
Tires: Giant P-SLR1, Front and rear specific, 700x23, Folding
Extras: RideSense, ISP clamp
RideSense Included: Giantís all-new chainstay-integrated, wireless data transmitter. The removable transmitter sends wheel-speed and cadence information directly to any ANT+ compatible computer.
As the first manufacturer to bring the tapered headtube to marketówith the 2006 Glory mountain bikeóGiant knows a thing or two about inventing solutions for improved steering precision. The original OverDrive technology resulted in groundbreaking stiffness-to-weight ratios, and the newer OverDrive 2 system on high-performance road and mountain bikes offers even further advantages.
- OverDrive 2: Giantís most advanced fork steerer-tube technology. Oversized headset bearings (1 1/4-inch top and 1 1/2-inch bottom bearings) and a tapered steerer tube combine for unprecedented steering performance with no additional weight.
- BENEFIT: Compared to the already stiff OverDrive system, OverDrive 2 provides up to 30 percent more torsional steering stiffness. This translates into industry-leading steering precision. Whether youíre sprinting for the finish or cornering hard in the most demanding conditions, you can ride with more power and confidence.
- 1 1/4-inch top bearing
- 1 Ĺ-inch bottom bearing
- 1 1/4 Ėinch stem
- Tapered steerer-tube
- Custom OverDrive 2 expansion wedge
ADVANCED SL COMPOSITE TECHNOLOGY
Giant's Professional-grade raw carbon material is woven in our own composite factory to create the most cutting-edge frames available today. These frames feature the most advanced engineering and construction methods:
- MATERIALS: Professional-grade grade raw carbon with the highest stiffness-to-weight ratio available today.
- RESIN: Professional-grade formula with Carbon Nanotube Technology (CNT), a microscopic polymer added to Giant's custom blended resin*. Like miniature buttresses, CNT strengthens the layers of composite. Frames featuring CNT are 14 percent more impact-resistant than those without it.
- FUSION PROCESS: This complex process involves hand weaving the toptube and seattube together, then re-molding the area under heat and high pressure to unify the junction, resulting in a lighter, stronger frame than those with traditional molding.
- CONTINUOUS FIBER TECHNOLOGY: This manufacturing process allows Giant to construct the front triangle of Advanced SL bicycles* with larger, and therefore fewer, sections of composite.
In the late 1990s Giant pioneered a radical new frame shape to give its professional road racers a competitive edge. Driven by a desire to create lighter and faster bikes, Giant's Compact Road Design changed the lookóand the performance capabilitiesóof competitive road bikes forever.
Now, 17 years later, Compact Road Design is still the standard in high-performance bikes. The concept is simple: A toptube that slopes downward from the headtube to the seattube reduces the size of the front and rear triangles. Smaller triangles create a lighter, stiffer bike.
Whatever the frame material, aluminum or composite, Compact Road Design improves the ride. Here's how:
- Compact Roadís most distinctive feature, the downward-sloping toptube, results in smaller front and rear triangles on the frame. Because the triangles are smaller, less material is needed. Less material equals less weight.
- Picture two triangles made from equal diameter tubing. The smaller, more compact triangle uses shorter tubes. The larger triangle requires longer tubes. Itís easy to see which is more structurally soundóthe smaller triangle is stiffer, less susceptible to flexing and twisting. And on a performance road frame, stiffer is faster.
- With traditional geometry, builders increase stiffness by using stiffer material. That might help you sprint faster but it also makes for a less comfortable ride. With Compact Road, Giant engineers are able to design frames with just the right amount of vertical compliance. You get a smoother, more comfortable ride.
- BETTER FIT
- Because of the sloping toptube and lower standover height, itís easier for riders of all sizes to get the perfect fit. With greater adjustability and up to six sizes per series, even Giantís most demanding pro athletes, women and men of all different heights, always have a perfect fit with stock-size frames.