Giant Trance Advanced 27.5 2 Carbon Full Suspension Mountain Bike (2015) (Composite/Red)
This composite Trance Advanced 27.5 is light, agile, and built to go fast on technical trails. Developed with input from Giantís champion enduro pros, the Advanced-grade composite frame is engineered specifically for 27.5, the ideal wheel size for all-around trail capabilities. With 5.5-inches/140mm of smooth Maestro rear suspension, as well as an OverDrive steerer tube and a PowerCore bottom bracket for steering precision and pedaling stiffness, itís an all-around trail slayer that climbs as well as it descends. Frame details include internal cable routing, integrated downtube protection and ISCG-05 chain guide compatibility.
- Advanced-grade composite mainframe with 5.5 inches of smooth Maestro suspension
- RockShox Sektor RL Solo Air 140mm-travel fork with 15mm thru-axle
- RockShox Monarch RT rear shock
- Giant P-XC2 rims, Giant Performance Tracker hubs, stainless butted spokes
- SRAM X7 / X9 10-speed drivetrain with Avid Guide R hydraulic disc brakes
Sizes: XS, S, M, L, XL
Frame: Advanced-grade composite w/ ALUXX SL rear triangle, 5.5" Maestro suspension
Fork: RockShox Sektor RL Solo Air w/ 15mm thru-axle, OverDrive steerer, 140mm travel
Shock: RockShox Monarch RT
Handlebar: Giant Contact, Low rise, 31.8mm
Stem: Giant Contact
Seatpost: Giant Contact SL Switch-R, 30.9mm
Saddle: Giant Contact, Upright
Shifters: SRAM X7
Front Derailleur: SRAM X7
Rear Derailleur: SRAM X9, Type 2
Brakes: Avid Guide R, Hydraulic disc, [F] 170mm [R] 160mm
Brake Levers: Avid Guide R
Cassette: SRAM PG1050 11x36, 10-speed
Chain: KMC X10
Crankset: SRAM S1000, 24/38 w/ MRP 2x Guide
Bottom Bracket: SRAM, Press fit
Rims: Giant P-XC2, Double wall
Hubs: Giant Performance Tracker Disc, 32h, [F] 15mm axle, [R] 135x5mm QR
Spokes: Stainless Steel, 14/15g
Tires: [F] Schwalbe Nobby Nic Trailstar, Snakeskin, Tubeless ready, 27.5x2.25, [R] Schwalbe Nobby Nic Pacestar, Snakeskin, Tubeless ready, 27.5x2.25
Whatever off-road adventures you seek, Giant's Maestro Suspension helps you make the most of your efforts. Control, traction, comfort, speedóyou get more of everything with Maestro. From fast and efficient 4-inch-travel XC to full 8-inch DH bikes, Maestro is an adaptable system that offers smooth, active rear suspension on all types of terrain.
Three core benefits set Maestro Suspension Technology apart from the rest:
- PEDALING EFFICIENCY
- Whether youíre sprinting up a climb or coasting through a rock garden, Maestro Suspension performs consistently under pedaling power and doesnít compromise efficiency.
- COMPLETE SUSPENSION ACTIVITY
- From high-frequency trail vibrations to heavy-hitting compressions, Maestro Suspension soaks up the full spectrum of trail impacts.
- TOTAL BRAKE INDEPENDENCE
- Even under full braking force, Maestro Suspension remains fully active and reactive.
OverDrive: Giantís original oversized fork steerer-tube technology. Designed to provide solid front-end steering performance, the systemís oversized headset bearings and tapered steerer tube provide optimal steering stiffness. Road models feature 1 1/8-inch top and 1 1/4-inch bottom bearings, while the mountain version features 1 1/8-inch top and 1 1/2-inch bottom bearings.
BENEFIT: OverDrive provides up to 15 percent more torsional steering stiffness than straight steerer-tube designs. This translates into much more accurate steering input from a riderís hands, through the handlebar and stem, and down to the front wheel. Whether hammering uphill or carving through a corner, OverDrive transmits input directly to the front wheel for more precise handling.
ADVANCED COMPOSITE TECHNOLOGY: Giant's High Performance-grade raw carbon fiber is used to produce custom composite material in our own composite factory. Extremely lightweight, stiff and compliant, these handcrafted frames feature the following materials and processes:
- MATERIALS: High Performance-grade raw carbon material features an excellent stiffness-to-weight ratio.
- RESIN: High Performance formula provides excellent void minimization (bubbles) while maintaining outstanding strength. And vibration absorbing particles are added to help disperse road shock.
- MODIFIED MONOCOQUE CONSTRUCTION: The front triangle (downtube, headtube, toptube, seattube) is assembled and molded as one continuous piece. This front half is then joined to the rear chainstays and seatstays in a secondary process. This process eliminates the outermost woven composite sheet to reduce weight without affecting ride quality, strength or stiffness.
This product was added to our catalog on April 7, 2015.