Giro Zero II Short Finger Bike Gloves (Black/White) (2XL)
This product was added to our catalog on December 11, 2014.The Zero™ II is the latest version of our pro-level glove for riders who want the ultimate in ventilation, control and bar feel. The supple, micro-vented Pittards Leather Palm is matched with a super breathable stretch mesh upper that offers an exceptional fit, so that the glove practically disappears when you put it on, which is exactly what you want when the miles are rolling up
- SUPER FIT™ ENGINEERING FOR GLOVES
- PITTARDS® LEATHER
- THREE-PIECE PALM CONSTRUCTION
SUPER FIT™ ENGINEERING FOR GLOVES:
Super Fit Engineering is a proprietary process that guides the fit, design and patterning of every Giro glove for maximum comfort and performance. By carefully tailoring the palm, fingers and padding zones to match the shape and size of the hand, Super Fit Engineering reduces bunching and discomfort while enhancing grip, bar feel and the effectiveness of the padding. And with as many as six sizes available per model, almost any rider can great pair of gloves to match their needs.
Select Giro gloves feature Pittards cabretta (hairsheep) leather chosen for its thin-but-tough structure. Pittards leathers undergo a special tanning process that helps the leather to absorb less water and resist sweat better than other leathers and synthetics. In addition to outstanding performance, no other material provides the fit and comfort of natural leather; it is a difference you will feel the moment you try on a pair of Giro gloves.
Technogel is a proprietary polyurethane material originally designed for medical applications. We use Technogel for the padding in our premium gloves because of its superior pressure distribution characteristics. When pressed between the glove and handlebar, Technogel molds itself to the hand by deforming along all three axes. Normal padding materials tend to deform only along one axis which causes pressure to accumulate in the direct contact zones.
Giro gloves with Technogel provide:
- Superior pressure distribution – up to 300% better than standard gel, for enhanced comfort and protection from numbness over long periods of time.
- Excellent impact absorption – up to 30% better than standard gel, for protection from shocks and vibrations.
- Long-lasting performance - it does not harden or break down over time, so the glove stays supple and comfortable mile after mile.
THREE-PIECE PALM CONSTRUCTION:
Our unique 3-piece palm construction tailors the fit of our gloves to reduce bunching, and allows your hands to move naturally for enhanced control that doesn’t compromise bar feel. By designing each part of the palm to mimic a hand’s features and articulation, Giro gloves increase grip and provide a superior level of protection for the entire hand.
- THUMB The Super Fit Engineered thumb panel is essential to providing a snug fit with your hand while also allowing freedom of movement and enhanced grip necessary for maximum control and bar feel.
- PALM The Super Fit Engineered palm panel is optimized to provide a snug, comfortable fit without bunching when you grip the handlebar. By carefully sizing the palm to match the natural curve of the hand, our gloves remain supple while providing a layer of protection.
- BODY The Super Fit Engineered body of a Giro glove is designed to support your hand’s natural movement, while providing a platform for padding and protection where you need it most. By optimizing the thickness and placement of padding with integrated Flex Zones, Giro gloves offer a more natural movement of fingers and joints.
Palm: Super Fit™ Engineered Three-Panel Design, Pittards ® Leather, Highly Absorbent Microfiber, Wiping Surface, Sonic-Welded Pull Tab
Upper: Lightweight, Slip-On Design, Moisture-Wicking 4-Way Stretch, Breathable Mesh, Fingertip Tear-Off Pockets