Hammer Nutrition Super Antioxidant Capsules (60)
This product was added to our catalog on July 24, 2014.
This is a Bottle of 60 Hammer Nutrition Super Antioxidant Capsules.
- Reduces free-radical effects that impair recovery
- Less muscle soreness and stiffness
- Improves circulation
- Builds stronger immunity
- Everything you do, including breathing, creates free radicals and when you exercise the amount increases dramatically. Excess free radicals can easily overwhelm your body's natural antioxidant defense systems, wreaking havoc on your athletic endeavors and, more importantly, your health. Antioxidants neutralize free radicals, but merely taking some vitamin C and E won't cut it. You need as much antioxidant support as possible from a wide variety of sources.
- Super Antioxidant's unique combination of herbal, enzyme, and amino acid antioxidants complements, but doesn't duplicate, the antioxidants you may already be taking. Super Antioxidant is designed to help protect your immune system, enhance circulation, and accelerate recovery, thus preserving all the hard-earned gains you make in training. The harder you train, the more you need Super Antioxidant in your recovery regimen.
The Super Antioxidant Formula:
- Superoxide Dismutase (SOD) is an enzyme and one of the powerful endogenous (that which occurs naturally in the body) antioxidants. It is responsible for neutralizing the most common free radical known as superoxide. It also aids the body's utilization of the minerals copper, zinc, and manganese. The enteric-coated form in Super Antioxidant, which allows the nutrient to pass intake through the stomach acid to be absorbed in the small intestines, is an easy way to supplement this vital antioxidant.
- Grape Seed Extract is high in a substance called OPC, a flavinoid that is believed to be several times more potent than even Vitamin C and E. OPCs are responsible for neutralizing three types of free radicals. In addition, the OPCs in Grade Seed Extract help strengthen and repair connective tissue and are excellent anti-inflammatories.
- L-Glutathione is a protein that is produced in the liver from three specific amino acids. Along with the mineral selenium, it forms the enzyme glutathione peroxidase, which, along with SOD, is one of the body's endogenous antioxidants, and perhaps the most important one of all. Glutathione is also part of another enzyme, which has liver protecting qualities. It protects individual cells as well as the tissues of nearly the entire body and is an important nutrient in helping with the prevention of cancer, particularly liver cancer.
- Ginkgo Biloba is an herb best known for its ability to enhance circulation and increase the supply of oxygen to the entire body. This allows the product to help relieve muscle pain in addition to its antioxidant benefits. A potential benefit of increased circulation is the ability to speed delivery of antioxidants throughout the body in addition to helping eliminate metabolic wastes more quickly.
- Gotu Kola is another herb that has antioxidant capabilities as well aiding in increasing circulation. It is helpful in decreasing fatigue and neutralizing blood acids and is useful for optimal heart and liver function.
- Vinpocetine is chemically related to, and derived from vincamine, an alkaloid found in the periwinkle plant. Studies with vinpocetine indicate that it can dilate blood vessels, enhance circulation in the brain, improve oxygen utilization, make red blood cells more pliable, and inhibit aggregation of platelets. Vinpocetine also has antioxidant properties.
- Grape seed extract not only possesses antioxidant benefits, but is believed to provide powerful anti-viral, anti-bacterial, and anti-inflammatory benefits as well. Vinpocetine is purported to be very beneficial in helping prevent or relieve hearing loss due to a variety of causes, as well as tinnitus (ringing in the ears) and vertigo (sensation of dizziness).
- *One ingredient in Super Antioxidant, Superoxide Dismutase (SOD), is an endogenous antioxidant enzyme in the formula, typically processed before the gluten effectively forms. But, if even the slightest error in the premature timing of harvest occurs, it could potentially generate a miniscule gluten fraction. At this date, we have not received any report of any of our products inducing a gluten-sensitivity reaction.
Serving Size 1 Capsule
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value*
Enteric Coated Super Oxide Dismutase (5,000 McCord-Fridovich Units) †
Grape Seed Extract 100mg †
L-Glutathione 100mg †
Ginko Biloba 50mg †
Gotu Kola 50mg †
Vinpocetine 5mg †
* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
† Daily Value not established.
Other Ingredients: Stabilized Rice Bran, Magnesium Stearate, Vegetable Capsules (plant cellulose and water)