Kestrel Legend Ultegra Carbon Road Bike (Carbon/Gray/Red)
This product was added to our catalog on November 26, 2014.
This is the Kestrel Legend Ultegra Road Bike. At a mere 780 grams, the brand-new Kestrel Legend is the lightest frame The First Name in Carbon Fiber has ever produced. Made of ultra high-modulus carbon fiber with a remarkable weight-to-stiffness ratio, the Legends Kestrel EMS fork and H-stays provide compliance, comfort, and improve lateral stiffness; the proprietary tapered head tube enhances steering precision and front-end stiffness; and asymmetrical chainstays offset drivetrain-induced torque on the rear triangle.
- Featherweight 780 grams lightest frame Kestrel has ever produced
- Ultra high-modulus and high-strength carbon fiber with ground-breaking weight-to-stiffness ratio
- PU inner molds supply smoother inner walls, an increase in stiffness, better compaction, minimized wrinkles, and optimized resin content
- EPS foam forming used in the manufacturing of the fork provides better layup in the crown area for improved compaction and resin content
- Kestrel EMS fork and H-stays provide compliance, comfort, and improve lateral stiffness
- Proprietary tapered head tube enhances steering precision and front-end stiffness
- Asymmetrical chainstays offset drivetrain-induced torque on the rear triangle
- Size-specific frame for each frame size. Larger frames use slightly larger diameter tubing for increased stiffness for larger riders.
- Downtube and top tube wrap around the head tube for increased front-end stiffness, which aids in steering precision.
- Shorter head tube for competition geometry and an aggressive riding position that pro-level competitors demand
- BB30 is 18% stiffer than the RT-900; 1 1/8 1 ½ tapered head tube is 26% stiffer than the RT-900; frame is 22% lighter than the RT-900
Sizes: 48cm, 51cm, 53cm, 55cm, 57cm, 59cm, 62cm
Color(s): Satin Charcoal and Carbon w/ Red and Black
Main frame: Blend of 700K & 800K High Modulus Carbon Fiber
Rear triangle: Blend of 700K & 800K High Modulus Carbon Fiber
Fork: Kestrel EMS Pro Full Carbon, 1 1/8 - 1 1/2 Tapered Steerer
Crankset: Oval Concepts 720 hollow forged, 52/36T
Bottom bracket: Oval Concepts external threaded w/ BB30 adaptor
Front derailleur: Shimano Ultegra, Braze-on
Rear derailleur: Shimano Ultegra, 11-sp
Shifters: Shimano Ultegra STI
Cassette: Shimano Ultegra, 11-28T
Chain: KMC X11L, 11-sp
Wheelset: Oval Concepts 527 wheelset, 700c, 18/24H, cartridge bearing hubs, welded rims
Tires: Vittoria Zaffiro Pro Slick, 700 x 23c Folding
Brake set: Shimano Ultegra
Brake levers: Shimano Ultegra
Headset: FSA Orbit 1 1/8 Top, 1 1/2 Bottom with 15mm Top Cover
Handlebar: Oval Concepts 310 6061 Alloy, Ergonomic Fit
Stem: Oval Concepts 313 6061 3D-forged 31.8mm +/- 6 degrees
Tape/grip: Kestrel Suede Tape
Saddle: Oval Concepts 700 w/ CrN-Ti Alloy Rails
Seat post: Oval Concepts 905 Carbon Wrap, 31.6mm x 350mm, 2-bolt Adjustable Head
Bike size selection is a combination of measurement, rider preference, and rider style. The guide above is intended as a starting point, but it is recommended that you try out a few frame sizes in your range and pay attention to the frame size as well as the top tube length. Top tube length is a key measurement to find the right size frame since geometry can differ from one model to another.