Liv/Giant 2017 Avow Advanced Pro 1 (Composite/Teal/Purple)
Historically, the terms ‘comfort’ and ‘tri bike’ do not go hand-in-hand, but Liv decided to reshape that trend. The Avow Advanced Pro is leading the way with a women’s-specific customizable fit, so you can stay fresh while performing at the highest level. Nothing keeps your mind and body sharper than fueling up, that’s when the hands-free hydration system and aerodynamic snack box quickly leap up to ‘favorite features’ status.
- High-performance Advanced-grade composite frame
- AeroDrive Tri Advanced-grade composite fork with hybrid alloy/composite steerer
- Giant SLR 1 Aero Composite WheelSystem with Giant P-SL 2 tires
- Shimano Ultegra Di2 11-speed electronic shifting
- Giant SpeedControl SL brakes with Ti hardware
Sizes: XS, S, M
Frame: Advanced-grade composite
Fork: AeroDrive Tri, Advanced-grade composite, Hybrid steerer
Handlebar: AeroDrive Tri Composite base bar w/ Composite extensions, 31.8mm
Stem: Avow, alloy
Seatpost: Avow, Composite
Saddle: ISM PS 1.0
Shifters: Shimano Ultegra Di2 TT with Dura-Ace Di2 bar-ends
Front Derailleur: Shimano Ultegra Di2
Rear Derailleur: Shimano Ultegra Di2
Brakes: Giant SpeedControl SL, w/ Ti hardware
Brake Levers: Shimano Ultegra Di2 TT
Cassette: Shimano Ultegra 11x28, 11-speed
Chain: KMC X11 SL
Crankset: Vision Trimax Alloy, 36/52
Bottom Bracket: Vision, Press fit
Rims: Giant SLR 1 Aero DBL WheelSystem; 55mm deep, 23mm wide, Tubeless compatible, Full composite
Hubs: Giant SLR 1 Aero DBL WheelSystem; Pawl driver, [F] 16h [R] 21h
Spokes: Giant SLR 1 Aero DBL WheelSystem; Dynamic Balanced Lacing, bladed stainless
Tires: Giant P-SL2, 700x25, Front and rear specific, Folding
Extras: RideSense ANT+/Bluetooth, Tubeless rim strips and valves, Tubeless tire sealant
RideSense Included: Giant’s all-new chainstay-integrated, wireless data transmitter. The removable transmitter sends wheel-speed and cadence information directly to any ANT+ compatible computer.
ADVANCED COMPOSITE TECHNOLOGY
Giant's High Performance-grade raw carbon fiber is used to produce custom composite material in our own composite factory. Extremely lightweight, stiff and compliant, these handcrafted frames feature the following materials and processes:
- MATERIALS: High Performance-grade raw carbon material features an excellent stiffness-to-weight ratio.
- RESIN: High Performance formula provides excellent void minimization (bubbles) while maintaining outstanding strength. And vibration absorbing particles are added to help disperse road shock.
- MODIFIED MONOCOQUE CONSTRUCTION: The front triangle (downtube, headtube, toptube, seattube) is assembled and molded as one continuous piece. This front half is then joined to the rear chainstays and seatstays in a secondary process. This process eliminates the outermost woven composite sheet to reduce weight without affecting ride quality, strength or stiffness.
AeroSystem Shaping Technology:
Through CFD and wind-tunnel data, engineers optimize each tube shape to deliver superior aerodynamic performance.
Liv's unique 3F design philosophy ensures that, as a female rider, you are getting the best bike for your riding style. 3F stands for "Fit, Form, Function." These are the elements that guide Liv engineers and designers as they create your bike, apparel and gear. The 3F design philosophy produces the best and most appealing cycling equipment to help all women feel confident and enjoy the ride.
Liv bikes, apparel and gear are designed specifically for women. Liv's team of female designers and engineers consider all aspects of a woman's unique strengths and physical characteristics to create the only complete product collection designed solely for women. Examples of this include:
- Women's-specific fit based on global body dimension studies
- Optimized stem lengths, handlebar width and drop, and crank arm length
- Shorter brake reach
- Comfortable saddle designed for female pelvis and hip shapes
- Liv ApparelFit System with multiple fit options
Liv designers understand the importance of creating bikes, gear and apparel pieces that not only meet the highest performance standards, but also have a great look and feel. From crafting the lightest, smoothest riding bikes to designing distinctive color and graphics combinations, the Liv team is committed to providing the highest level of design and aesthetics. Examples include:
- Thoughtfully considered frame design
- Dynamic use of color and graphics to create eye-catching designs
- Color matching between rider gear and bikes
- Flattering cuts and styles in all apparel items
- Application of fashion color trends and patterns
Liv defines function by how well a product performs in its element. We strive to create lighter, faster, more confidence-inspiring bikes and products for women. Here are some of the ways Liv emphasizes Function:
- Utilizing Giant's world-leading craftsmanship and technology to produce a premium product collection
- 3F layup schedule results in custom, ultra-lightweight frame construction for the unique needs of female riders
- Functional fabrics keep you comfortable and performing at your best
- Women' s-specific chamois technology to fit female anatomy
This product was added to our catalog on July 25, 2016.