Liv/Giant 2017 Embolden 1 (Black/Orange/Green)
With 120mm of sweet suspension, plus confidence-inspiring front end handling, you’ll be finding a new passion for speed. Embolden hands you the keys to unlock your mountain biking potential. With an active feel, loads of traction and powerful disc brakes, everything about this bike screams, “You can do this!” Embolden has your back with beautifully simple, single-pivot frame geometry that provides a lower stand-over height, making dismounts and maneuvering your body around the frame as effortless as can be. The 27.5-inch wheel size ensures that bike handling is still nimble and playful while providing a stable, trustworthy feel.
- ALUXX-grade aluminum frame with 120mm of FlexPoint suspension
- Fox 34 Rhythm 120mm-travel fork with Boost 15x110mm thru-axle
- Fox Float Performance rear shock
- Giant XC-1 rims, Giant Performance Tracker hubs, stainless steel spokes
- SRAM NX 1x11-speed drivetrain with Shimano M395 hydraulic disc brakes
Sizes: XS, S, M, L
Frame: ALUXX-grade aluminum, 120mm FlexPoint suspension
Fork: Fox 34 Rhythm, Grip Damper, 15mm QR, Boost, OverDrive, 130mm travel
Shock: Fox Float Performance
Handlebar: Giant Connect Trail, 31.8mm
Stem: Giant Connect
Seatpost: TranzX YSP-02 dropper post, 30.9mm
Saddle: Liv Contact Upright
Shifters: SRAM NX
Front Derailleur: N/A
Rear Derailleur: SRAM NX
Brakes: Shimano M395, hydraulic disc, [F] 180mm [R] 160mm
Brake Levers: Shimano M425
Cassette: SRAM PG-1130 11x42, 11-speed
Chain: KMC X11
Crankset: SRAM NX, 30T
Bottom Bracket: SRAM GXP, Press fit
Rims: Giant XC-1
Hubs: [F] Giant Performance Tracker Disc, 28h, Boost 110x15mm, [R] Giant Sport Tracker Disc, 28h, QR
Spokes: Stainless Steel, 14g
Tires: Maxxis Ardent, [F] 27.5x2.4, Folding [R] 27.5x2.25, Folding
Weight: The most accurate way to determine any bike’s weight is to have your local dealer weigh it for you. Many brands strive to list the lowest possible weight, but in reality weight can vary based on size, finish, hardware and accessories. All Giant bikes are designed for best-in-class weight and ride quality.
Suspension performance made simple:
Using the flexing elements of the rear chainstay and seatstay, FlexPoint Suspension eliminates complex pivots and linkages to provide an effective, lightweight and durable suspension system that’s easy to maintain.
Key advantages include:
- The proven “single-pivot” suspension design offers trail riders increased control for more confident off-road riding.
LIGHT AND DURABLE
- The flexing action of the chainstay/seatstay junction creates a simple, lightweight and durable system that provides 4.7 inches/120mm of rear wheel travel.
- FlexPoint offers similar benefits as multi-link suspension systems but without the added costs or the need for frequent maintenance.
How it works:
No mechanical rear pivot point:
- The flexing action of the chainstay/ seatstay junction creates 4.7inches/120mm of rear wheel travel.
- Proven "single pivot" suspension performance:
- FlexPoint’s single pivot suspension design delivers effective performance for light-to-medium trail riding capabilities.
- ALUXX Aluminum swingarm:
- Giant proprietary swingarm design provides the flexing elements of FlexPoint suspension for durable and effective performance.
Features: Giant’s original oversized fork steerer-tube technology. Designed to provide solid front-end steering performance, the system’s oversized headset bearings and tapered steerer tube provide optimal steering stiffness. Road models feature 1 1/8-inch top and 1 1/4-inch bottom bearings, while the mountain version features 1 1/8-inch top and 1 1/2-inch bottom bearings.
Benefit: OverDrive provides up to 15 percent more torsional steering stiffness than straight steerer-tube designs. This translates into much more accurate steering input from a rider’s hands, through the handlebar and stem, and down to the front wheel. Whether hammering uphill or carving through a corner, OverDrive transmits input directly to the front wheel for more precise handling.
- 6061 alloy for optimized strength-to weight ratios
- Single butting results in light weight without sacrificing strength
- Predominantly features PressForming
- Predominantly features Standard and some Smooth welding techniques for optimized strength and weight
This product was added to our catalog on July 29, 2016.