Liv/Giant 2017 Invite CoMax (White)
Invite CoMax is in a category all its own. It blends the stability, traction and upright riding position of an off-road bike with the smooth efficiency of a road bike. With its lightweight CoMax composite frame and drop handlebars, itís quick and agile on paved roads, gravel or dirt. Built with Livís womenís specific geometry, it offers a perfect fit and ride quality thatís designed just for you. And innovations including brake levers that are accessible from any angle make it a confidence-inspiring choice wherever your next adventure takes you.
- CoMax composite frame
- Composite fork with alloy steerer to damp vibrations
- Giant S-X2 Disc rims, Giant Sport Tracker disc hubs, stainless steel spokes
- Shimano Tiagra 10-speed shifting
- SRAM mechanical disc brakes
Sizes: XS, S, M
Frame: CoMax Composite Technology
Fork: Composite, with alloy steerer
Handlebar: Giant Connect XR Ergo-control, 31.8mm
Stem: Giant Connect
Seatpost: Giant Connect, composite, 27.2mm
Saddle: Liv Contact Forward
Pedals: Giant Sport
Shifters: Shimano Tiagra
Front Derailleur: Shimano Tiagra
Rear Derailleur: Shimano Tiagra
Brakes: SRAM BB7 Road, mechanical disc, 160mm
Brake Levers: Shimano Tiagra
Cassette: Shimano HG500 11x32, 10-speed
Chain: KMC X10
Crankset: Shimano R460, 34/48
Bottom Bracket: Shimano, Threaded
Rims: Giant SX-2 Disc
Hubs: Giant Sport Tracker Disc, 32h
Spokes: Stainless Steel, 14g
Tires: Giant P-RX2, 700x32c
Weight: The most accurate way to determine any bikeís weight is to have your local dealer weigh it for you. Many brands strive to list the lowest possible weight, but in reality weight can vary based on size, finish, hardware and accessories. All Giant bikes are designed for best-in-class weight and ride quality.
CoMax Composite Technology is an all-new frame material from Giant, the world leader in composite engineering. With a balanced blend of comfort and light weight, CoMax framesets are built and tuned to deliver a better cycling experience for sport and fitness riders.
Optimized blend of Performance Grade raw carbon material and fiber-reinforced polymer delivers a ride experience that is both smooth and efficient.
Performance Formula resin features a high level of void minimization (bubbles) while maintaining good strength characteristics.
Modified Monocoque Construction: The front triangle (downtube, headtube, toptube, seattube) is assembled and molded as one continuous piece. This front half is then joined to the rear chainstays and seatstays in a secondary process. Modified Monocoque eliminates the outermost woven composite sheet to reduce weight without affecting ride quality, strength or stiffness.
CoMax framesets offer up to 10 percent better compliance compared to aluminum framesets.
CoMax framesets are up to 200 grams lighter than comparable aluminum framesets.
Liv's unique 3F design philosophy ensures that, as a female rider, you are getting the best bike for your riding style. 3F stands for "Fit, Form, Function." These are the elements that guide Liv engineers and designers as they create your bike, apparel and gear. The 3F design philosophy produces the best and most appealing cycling equipment to help all women feel confident and enjoy the ride.
Liv bikes, apparel and gear are designed specifically for women. Liv's team of female designers and engineers consider all aspects of a woman's unique strengths and physical characteristics to create the only complete product collection designed solely for women. Examples of this include:
- Women's-specific fit based on global body dimension studies
- Optimized stem lengths, handlebar width and drop, and crank arm length
- Shorter brake reach
- Comfortable saddle designed for female pelvis and hip shapes
- Liv ApparelFit System with multiple fit options
Liv designers understand the importance of creating bikes, gear and apparel pieces that not only meet the highest performance standards, but also have a great look and feel. From crafting the lightest, smoothest riding bikes to designing distinctive color and graphics combinations, the Liv team is committed to providing the highest level of design and aesthetics. Examples include:
- Thoughtfully considered frame design
- Dynamic use of color and graphics to create eye-catching designs
- Color matching between rider gear and bikes
- Flattering cuts and styles in all apparel items
- Application of fashion color trends and patterns
Liv defines function by how well a product performs in its element. We strive to create lighter, faster, more confidence-inspiring bikes and products for women. Here are some of the ways Liv emphasizes Function:
- Utilizing Giant's world-leading craftsmanship and technology to produce a premium product collection
- 3F layup schedule results in custom, ultra-lightweight frame construction for the unique needs of female riders
- Functional fabrics keep you comfortable and performing at your best
- Women' s-specific chamois technology to fit female anatomy
This product was added to our catalog on July 28, 2016.