Liv/Giant Intrigue 1 Women's MTB (2016) (Black/Fuchsia/Blue)
This product was added to our catalog on February 19, 2016.
The Liv/Giant Intrigue is built specifically for women seeking maximum control on aggressive trails. The lightweight ALUXX SL aluminum frame features women’s specific geometry, engineered to optimize the light, agile and super-stable 27.5-inch wheels. And with 140mm of plush Maestro suspension travel, you get efficient pedaling and traction on climbs and confident handling on descents. Additional features include the tapered OverDrive steerer tube and a 15mm front thru-axle for more precise steering, plus special cable routing for a dropper seatpost—so you can dial in saddle height on the fly while riding varying terrain.
- ALUXX SL-grade aluminum frame with 5.5 inches of smooth Maestro suspension
- Fox 34 Float Performance Elite w/ 15mm thru-axle, OverDrive steerer, 140mm travel
- Fox Float Performance Elite DPS rear shock
- Giant P XC-2 rims, Giant Performance Tracker hubs, stainless butted spokes
- Shimano SLX / Deore 10-speed drivetrain with Shimano M615 hydraulic disc brakes
Sizes: XS, S, M, L
Frame: ALUXX SL-grade aluminum, 5.5" Maestro suspension
Fork: Fox 34 Float Performance Elite w/ 15mm thru-axle, OverDrive steerer, 140mm travel
Shock: Fox Float Performance Elite DPS
Handlebar: Giant Connect Trail, 31.8mm
Stem: Giant Connect
Seatpost: Giant Contact SL Switch, dropper, 30.9mm
Saddle: Liv Contact, forward
Shifters: Shimano Deore
Front Derailleur: Shimano Deore
Rear Derailleur: Shimano SLX, Shadow+
Brakes: Shimano M615, Hydraulic disc, [F] 180mm [R] 160mm
Brake Levers: Shimano M615, Hydraulic disc
Cassette: Shimano HG50 11x36, 10-speed
Chain: KMC X10
Crankset: Shimano Deore, 22/36
Bottom Bracket: Shimano, Press Fit
Rims: Giant P XC-2, Double wall
Hubs: Giant Performance Tracker Disc, 32h, [F] 15mm axle, [R] 135x5mm QR
Spokes: Stainless Steel, 14/15g
Tires: Schwalbe Nobby Nic, Performance, 27.5x2.25, Folding
Weight: The most accurate way to determine any bike’s weight is to have your local dealer weigh it for you. Many brands strive to list the lowest possible weight, but in reality weight can vary based on size, finish, hardware and accessories. All Giant bikes are designed for best-in-class weight and ride quality.
Features: Giant’s original oversized fork steerer-tube technology. Designed to provide solid front-end steering performance, the system’s oversized headset bearings and tapered steerer tube provide optimal steering stiffness. Road models feature 1 1/8-inch top and 1 1/4-inch bottom bearings, while the mountain version features 1 1/8-inch top and 1 1/2-inch bottom bearings.
Benefit: OverDrive provides up to 15 percent more torsional steering stiffness than straight steerer-tube designs. This translates into much more accurate steering input from a rider’s hands, through the handlebar and stem, and down to the front wheel. Whether hammering uphill or carving through a corner, OverDrive transmits input directly to the front wheel for more precise handling.
- Predominantly features 6011 alloy for a high-performance strength-to-weight ratio
- Double butting results in lighter weight without sacrificing strength
- Features PressForming, WarmForming (advanced manipulation of tubeset shaping via an injection of high-pressure air) and FluidForming in select models
- Features both Standard (double-pass weld technique without finish sanding/filing) and Smooth welding techniques for outstanding strength and weight
Whatever off-road adventures you seek, Giant's Maestro Suspension helps you make the most of your efforts. Control, traction, comfort, speed—you get more of everything with Maestro. From fast and efficient 4-inch-travel XC to full 8-inch DH bikes, Maestro is an adaptable system that offers smooth, active rear suspension on all types of terrain.
Three core benefits set Maestro Suspension Technology apart from the rest:
Whether you’re sprinting up a climb or coasting through a rock garden, Maestro Suspension performs consistently under pedaling power and doesn’t compromise efficiency.
COMPLETE SUSPENSION ACTIVITY:
From high-frequency trail vibrations to heavy-hitting compressions, Maestro Suspension soaks up the full spectrum of trail impacts.
TOTAL BRAKE INDEPENDENCE:
Even under full braking force, Maestro Suspension remains fully active and reactive.
Liv's unique 3F design philosophy ensures that, as a female rider, you are getting the best bike for your riding style. 3F stands for "Fit, Form, Function." These are the elements that guide Liv engineers and designers as they create your bike, apparel and gear. The 3F design philosophy produces the best and most appealing cycling equipment to help all women feel confident and enjoy the ride.
Liv bikes, apparel and gear are designed specifically for women. Liv's team of female designers and engineers consider all aspects of a woman's unique strengths and physical characteristics to create the only complete product collection designed solely for women. Examples of this include:
- Women's-specific fit based on global body dimension studies
- Optimized stem lengths, handlebar width and drop, and crank arm length
- Shorter brake reach
- Comfortable saddle designed for female pelvis and hip shapes
- Liv ApparelFit System with multiple fit options
Liv designers understand the importance of creating bikes, gear and apparel pieces that not only meet the highest performance standards, but also have a great look and feel. From crafting the lightest, smoothest riding bikes to designing distinctive color and graphics combinations, the Liv team is committed to providing the highest level of design and aesthetics. Examples include:
- Thoughtfully considered frame design
- Dynamic use of color and graphics to create eye-catching designs
- Color matching between rider gear and bikes
- Flattering cuts and styles in all apparel items
- Application of fashion color trends and patterns
Liv defines function by how well a product performs in its element. We strive to create lighter, faster, more confidence-inspiring bikes and products for women. Here are some of the ways Liv emphasizes Function:
- Utilizing Giant's world-leading craftsmanship and technology to produce a premium product collection
- 3F layup schedule results in custom, ultra-lightweight frame construction for the unique needs of female riders
- Functional fabrics keep you comfortable and performing at your best
- Women' s-specific chamois technology to fit female anatomy
Sizing (click to enlarge):