Liv/Giant Intrigue SX Women's MTB (2016) (Teal/Purple)
Built with the most aggressive female trail riders in mind, the Liv/Giant Intrigue SX was created specifically for women who like to push the envelope on challenging terrain. It has the proven geometry of the Intrigue with added travel up front to help you conquer features and reach your full trail riding potential. The lightweight ALUXX SL aluminum frame is designed around 27.5 wheels with women’s specific geometry. With 140mm of plush Maestro Suspension in the rear matched with a 160mm travel fork, you have more control to take on rugged terrain. Additional features include the tapered OverDrive steerer tube and a 15mm front thru-axle for precise steering, plus special cable routing for a dropper seatpost—so you can attack anything the trail throws at you without hesitation.
- ALUXX SL-grade aluminum frame with 5.5 inches of smooth Maestro suspension
- RockShox Pike RCT3 Solo Air w/ Maxle Stealth thru-axle, OverDriver steerre, 160mm travel
- RockShox Monarch Plus DebonAir RT rear shock
- Giant P-AM2 rims, Giant Performance Tracker hubs, stainless butted spokes
- SRAM X1 11-speed drivetrain with SRAM Guide RS hydraulic disc brakes
Sizes: XS, S, M
Frame: ALUXX SL-grade aluminum, 5.5" Maestro suspension
Fork: RockShox Pike RCT3 Solo Air w/ Maxle Stealth thru-axle, OverDrive steerer, 160mm travel
Shock: RockShox Monarch Plus DebonAir RT
Handlebar: Contact SL Trail, Mid rise, 31.8mm
Stem: Giant Contact SL AM
Seatpost: Giant Contact SL Switch, dropper, 30.9mm
Saddle: Liv Contact SL forward, SST tubular metalic rails
Shifters: SRAM X1, Rear only
Front Derailleur: N/A
Rear Derailleur: SRAM X1, Type 2
Brakes: SRAM Guide RS, Hydraulic disc, [F] 170mm [R] 160mm
Brake Levers: SRAM Guide RS, Hydraulic disc
Cassette: SRAM XG-1180 10x42, 11-speed
Chain: KMC X11L
Crankset: SRAM X1, 30T
Bottom Bracket: SRAM, Press Fit
Rims: Giant P-AM2, Double wall
Hubs: Giant Performance Tracker Disc, 32h, [F] 15mm axle, [R] 142x12mm axle
Spokes: Stainless Steel, 14/15g
Tires: [F] Schwalbe Hans Dampf, 27.5x2.35, Snakeskin, Trailstar [R] Schwalbe Rock Razor, 27.5x2.35, Snakeskin, Pacestar
Weight: The most accurate way to determine any bike’s weight is to have your local dealer weigh it for you. Many brands strive to list the lowest possible weight, but in reality weight can vary based on size, finish, hardware and accessories. All Giant bikes are designed for best-in-class weight and ride quality.
Features: Giant’s original oversized fork steerer-tube technology. Designed to provide solid front-end steering performance, the system’s oversized headset bearings and tapered steerer tube provide optimal steering stiffness. Road models feature 1 1/8-inch top and 1 1/4-inch bottom bearings, while the mountain version features 1 1/8-inch top and 1 1/2-inch bottom bearings.
Benefit: OverDrive provides up to 15 percent more torsional steering stiffness than straight steerer-tube designs. This translates into much more accurate steering input from a rider’s hands, through the handlebar and stem, and down to the front wheel. Whether hammering uphill or carving through a corner, OverDrive transmits input directly to the front wheel for more precise handling.
- Predominantly features 6011 alloy for a high-performance strength-to-weight ratio
- Double butting results in lighter weight without sacrificing strength
- Features PressForming, WarmForming (advanced manipulation of tubeset shaping via an injection of high-pressure air) and FluidForming in select models
- Features both Standard (double-pass weld technique without finish sanding/filing) and Smooth welding techniques for outstanding strength and weight
Whatever off-road adventures you seek, Giant's Maestro Suspension helps you make the most of your efforts. Control, traction, comfort, speed—you get more of everything with Maestro. From fast and efficient 4-inch-travel XC to full 8-inch DH bikes, Maestro is an adaptable system that offers smooth, active rear suspension on all types of terrain.
Three core benefits set Maestro Suspension Technology apart from the rest:
Whether you’re sprinting up a climb or coasting through a rock garden, Maestro Suspension performs consistently under pedaling power and doesn’t compromise efficiency.
COMPLETE SUSPENSION ACTIVITY:
From high-frequency trail vibrations to heavy-hitting compressions, Maestro Suspension soaks up the full spectrum of trail impacts.
TOTAL BRAKE INDEPENDENCE:
Even under full braking force, Maestro Suspension remains fully active and reactive.
Liv's unique 3F design philosophy ensures that, as a female rider, you are getting the best bike for your riding style. 3F stands for "Fit, Form, Function." These are the elements that guide Liv engineers and designers as they create your bike, apparel and gear. The 3F design philosophy produces the best and most appealing cycling equipment to help all women feel confident and enjoy the ride.
Liv bikes, apparel and gear are designed specifically for women. Liv's team of female designers and engineers consider all aspects of a woman's unique strengths and physical characteristics to create the only complete product collection designed solely for women. Examples of this include:
- Women's-specific fit based on global body dimension studies
- Optimized stem lengths, handlebar width and drop, and crank arm length
- Shorter brake reach
- Comfortable saddle designed for female pelvis and hip shapes
- Liv ApparelFit System with multiple fit options
Liv designers understand the importance of creating bikes, gear and apparel pieces that not only meet the highest performance standards, but also have a great look and feel. From crafting the lightest, smoothest riding bikes to designing distinctive color and graphics combinations, the Liv team is committed to providing the highest level of design and aesthetics. Examples include:
- Thoughtfully considered frame design
- Dynamic use of color and graphics to create eye-catching designs
- Color matching between rider gear and bikes
- Flattering cuts and styles in all apparel items
- Application of fashion color trends and patterns
Liv defines function by how well a product performs in its element. We strive to create lighter, faster, more confidence-inspiring bikes and products for women. Here are some of the ways Liv emphasizes Function:
- Utilizing Giant's world-leading craftsmanship and technology to produce a premium product collection
- 3F layup schedule results in custom, ultra-lightweight frame construction for the unique needs of female riders
- Functional fabrics keep you comfortable and performing at your best
- Women' s-specific chamois technology to fit female anatomy
Sizing (click to enlarge):
This product was added to our catalog on February 19, 2016.