Look Keo Blade 2 Ti Pedal (12Nm Tension)
- VERY SECURE CLEAT ENTRY / RELEASE: The Kéo Blade 2 concept, based on a carbon blade, allows for a more rigid cleat release, which ejects the foot much faster at the end of the release process than a traditional spring. This makes the pedal very safe and allowed Look to remove the resistance setting. However, to satisfy all cyclists, the Kéo Blade 2 is available in 3 different hardness ratings: 12Nm that will be ideal for most users, 16Nm for riders seeking more support and 20Nm* for those looking for maximum support. It is possible to switch from one version to another by changing the blade with a special tool.
- AERODYNAMIC PROFILE: With the full integration of the carbon spring blade into the body of the pedal, the Kéo Blade 2 is the pedal with the best aerodynamic profile ever created. In addition, the two channels on either side of the body allow for optimal air flow.
- MAXIMUM PEDALING WIDTH AND SURFACE: The Kéo Blade 2 features a 68mm wide stainless steel plate moulded into the body, which allows the cleat maximum contact with the pedal at all time, whatever the pedalling angle adapted.
- PERMANENT CLEAT STOP CONTACT FOR BETTER STABILITY: To improve the stability and the foot support, the design ensures that the shape of the cleat fits perfectly that of the stop and is always in contact with it, whatever the pedaling angle.
- VERY LIGHT - 90 G CLEAT + PEDAL: The weight of the pedal has been reduced compared to the previous version. This is possible thanks to a thinner spindle which is lighter, and also to a weight gain on the material of the pedal body.
- VERY RELIABLE: Particular attention has been paid to reliability: high resistance body, stainless steel bearing surface, oversized spindle shaft with dual seals, making this pedal a very safe and durable product.
- SPINDLE PROFILE: To achieve greater efficiency, the Keo Blade 2 spindle has reduced the stack height by using an oversized Titanium spindle. It is composed of two miniature ball bearings: one 12mm inner x 18mm outer diameters, one 6mm inner x 12mm outer diameters and a needle roller bearing. LOOK spindles are only approved after a rotational test of 2 million cycles at 100 rpm with a load of 90kg on the center of the pedal and an eccentric rotation (replicating a bump each revolution). This test is much higher than the current standard: the EN14781. A double seal ensures the bearings have a very long service life.
- Carbon blade placed at the heart of the pedal
- Aero profile
- Very large and wide pedaling surface
- Permanent cleat stop contact
- 13mm stack height
- Very light : 90g (248g the pair with cleat and hardware)
- 100% made in France
- Quick and secure cleat entry / release thanks to the blade
- Maximum power transfer thanls to the new pedaling surface and stack height
- Great foot support thanks to permanent cleat-stop contact whatever the pedaling angle
- Choose from Black or Pro Team color options
- DO NOT USE the Keo Blade 2 with the 20Nm spring blade unless you have prior experience with Look automatic pedals and confirmed that you need an extremely firm attachment of the shoe to the pedal.
- The Kéo Blade 2, equipped with the 20 spring, is a pedal with a very strong tension level that requires a higher than average use of force to release the cleat from the pedal (more than 20Nm). This could lead to a potentially dangerous fall if adequate force is not applied when disengaging. Most riders are perfectly satisfied with the 12 blade spring. Look strongly recommends that you start with the 12 blade spring pedal to gain experience and determine your needs before switching to 16 or 20.
- Do not use a 16 or 20 pedal unless your actual experience with the 12 blade pedal confirms that you need a firmer binding and you feel totally confident with higher release torque.
USE: ROAD - FROM LEISURE TO COMPETITION
BODY: INJECTED LONG CARBON FIBER
THREAD: 9/16 X 20 MM
ROLLER BEARING: 2 BALL BEARINGS, 1 NEEDLE BEARING
HEIGHT SPINDLE / SOLE: 13 MM
PEDAL SPINDLE / CRANK DISTANCE: 53 MM
TENSION: 3 DIFFERENT LEVELS 12,16 AND 20
CLEATS: GREY KEO GRIP CLEATS
ANGULAR FREEDOM: 0°, 4.5° OR 9° ACCORDING TO TYPE OF CLEAT (BLACK, GREY OR RED)
PEDAL WEIGHT: 90G PER PEDAL (248G PER PAIR WITH CLEATS AND HARDWARE)
COLOR: BLACK OR PRO TEAM
ACCESSORIES: ONE PAIR GREY KEO GRIP CLEATS + HARDWARE (6 SCREWS 5 X 11 MM AND 6 WASHERS)
WARRANTY: 2 YEARS
This product was added to our catalog on October 27, 2014.