Muc-Off Team Sky Hydrodynamic Chain Lube (50ml)
This product was added to our catalog on June 9, 2016.
Team Sky Hydrodynamic Chain Lube is the Ultimate in bicycle chain lubricant technology. If you are looking for the most efficient chain lubricant formula for long distances and/or the harshest of weather conditions, look no further.
- Ideal for Road Cycling and Cyclocross
- Provides the ultimate performance in both wet & damp or dry & dusty conditions
- Petroleum free formula for eco protection
- Synthetic polymers for long distance performance
- Incredible durability
- Pipette system for easy application
Born in 2014 and baptised at the most famous French road race in the world, with the worst weather conditions seen in years, our new Hydrodynamic Chain Lube is the first to be created by the Muc-Off research team in collaboration with Team Sky. Hand blended in the UK, we used the finest ingredients to create a sophisticated, synergistic blend of esters coupled with aerospace quality based oil lubrication, before packing it with ground-breaking extreme pressure additives. All this means it’s possible to create a high strength film forming lubricant which prevents metal to metal contact to ensure peak performance, even under the most extreme workloads that a pro peloton can throw at it. Each handmade batch takes hours of painstaking work to deliver a highly advanced bicycle chain lubricant, reaching previously unobtainable levels of lubrication and protection.
Team Sky set us challenging and ambitious goals - "We want the fastest and most efficient lubes, that last longer than anything else out there. We are an evidence-based team, so the advantages need to be quantifiable". At Muc-Off we thrive on challenges, so we designed and built a Chain Lube Optimisation Dyno (aka C.L.O.D) that could provide quantifiable data, a world first for a bicycle chain lube manufacturer. We can now test and analyse all bike lubricants in minute detail, giving us an advantage over all our competitors in formulation development. After over 15 formulas and hundreds of hours of lab and real world testing, we have arrived at our newest breakthrough - ‘Hydrodynamic’. Our formula strikes the perfect balance between chain lube efficiency and resistance to environment conditions. This means it gives you the ultimate protection but with an incredibly low friction coefficient, even in the harshest conditions.
Use the UV Torch to clearly indicate 100% link coverage.
Ultra Low Friction
The lowest possible friction is created by this product.
Revolutionary formula reduces metal to metal contact.
Hydrophobic elements make this lubricant ultra water resistant.
Directions for use:
1. Fully de-grease drive chain thoroughly before lube application.
2. Ensure drive chain area is dry.
3. Shake bottle vigorously and apply a moderate amount of Team Sky Hydrodynamic lube to the inside chain link, whilst spinning pedals in a reverse motion.
4. Ideally apply 3-4 hours before your ride.
5. Check to make sure the lube coverage is even using the supplied UV Torch!
6. Wipe excess lube carefully