Reynolds 2015 Assault SLG Carbon Wheelset (Clincher) (Shimano/SRAM) (20/24H)
Available in Clincher or Tubular.
Weight: Tubeless Set: 1515g
Width: External: 25 mm , Internal: 17 mm
Rim Depth: 41 mm
Design: Computational Fluid Dynamics: maximized Aerodynamic profile
Spokes: 20 front / 24 rear
Spoke Pattern: Front: Radial Rear Non Drive: Radial
Nipples: External 2.0 Alloy
Hub: Reynolds Cycling Racing Straight-Pull Hub
- CTg stands for Cryogenic Glass Transition, a patented braking system developed by Reynolds.
- The two components are Reynolds' proprietary Cryo-Blue Power polymer brake pads and hybrid carbon-fiber laminate (CTg brake track). With CTg, braking temperatures are 100*F (38*C) cooler than with other technologies.
- BWI stands for Brake Wear Indicator. It is a 10mm wide red line that Reynolds embeds into the brake track.
- The indicator, centered over the valve hole on both sides of the rim, becomes visible when excessive wear has occurred to indicate that the wheel needs replacing.
- Reynolds introduces its Enhanced SLG (Swirl Lip Generator) rim; a lip that is 8x larger than standard SLG.
- CFD analysis demonstrates a 35% aerodynamic performance improvement for the Assault SLG and Strike SLG over the previous Assault and Strike models. The performance improvement is a result of rim-shape optimization which includes Enhanced SLG.
- The PR3 (Performance Rim 3) Rim Design identifies three unique areas of the rim and assigns a specific carbon fiber and epoxy formula to each. PR3 is used on the Attack, Assault SLG, Assault SLG Disc Brake, Strik SLG and Assault SLG/Strike SLG Mixed Set wheels.
This product was added to our catalog on July 23, 2015.