Reynolds 2015 Assault SLG Carbon Wheelset (Clincher) (Shimano/SRAM) (Centerlock Disc) (24/24H)
This product was added to our catalog on July 23, 2015.
This is the Reynolds Assault SLG Disc Brake Carbon Wheelset. The ASSAULT has been one of the best selling wheels in the Reynolds line, and it just keeps getting better. The ASSAULT SLG Disc is the disc brake specific version for unsurpassed braking performance and it also sports a modern tubeless-ready rim channel and 25mm width to provide lower rolling resistance and a smoother ride. Factor in the 41mm rim profile with our Enhanced SLG technology and you’ve got a fast wheel that can stop on a dime.
Weight: Tubeless Set: 1565g
Width: External: 25 mm , Internal: 17 mm
Rim Depth: 41 mm
Braking: Disc Brake (Centerlock only)
Design: Computational Fluid Dynamics: maximized Aerodynamic profile
Spokes: 24 front / 24 rear
Spoke Pattern: Front: 2X Rear Non Drive: 2X
Nipples: External 2.0 Alloy
Hub: Road Straight-pull With Centerlock
- The PR3 (Performance Rim 3) Rim Design identifies three unique areas of the rim and assigns a specific carbon fiber and epoxy formula to each. PR3 is used on the Attack, Assault SLG, Assault SLG Disc Brake, Strik SLG and Assault SLG/Strike SLG Mixed Set wheels.
- BWI stands for Brake Wear Indicator. It is a 10mm wide red line that Reynolds embeds into the brake track.
- The indicator, centered over the valve hole on both sides of the rim, becomes visible when excessive wear has occurred to indicate that the wheel needs replacing.
- Reynolds introduces its Enhanced SLG (Swirl Lip Generator) rim; a lip that is 8x larger than standard SLG.
- CFD analysis demonstrates a 35% aerodynamic performance improvement for the Assault SLG and Strike SLG over the previous Assault and Strike models. The performance improvement is a result of rim-shape optimization which includes Enhanced SLG.