Reynolds 2015Assault SLG Carbon Wheelset (Tubular) (Shimano/SRAM) (20/24H)
This product was added to our catalog on July 22, 2015.The ASSAULT has long been one of the best selling wheels in the Reynolds line, and it just keeps getting better. It now sports a modern tubeless-ready rim channel and 25mm width to provide lower rolling resistance and a smoother ride. Itís both lighter and stiffer than its predecessors and also offers the added benefit of a 41mm depth with our Enhanced SLG technology to give you every aero advantage.
Available in Clincher or Tubular.
Weight: Tubular Set: 1315g
Width: External: 25 mm , Internal: 17 mm
Rim Depth: 41 mm
Design: Computational Fluid Dynamics: maximized Aerodynamic profile
Spokes: 20 front / 24 rear
Spoke Pattern: Front: Radial Rear Non Drive: Radial
Nipples: External 2.0 Alloy
Hub: Reynolds Cycling Racing Straight-Pull Hub
- CTg stands for Cryogenic Glass Transition, a patented braking system developed by Reynolds.
- The two components are Reynolds' proprietary Cryo-Blue Power polymer brake pads and hybrid carbon-fiber laminate (CTg brake track). With CTg, braking temperatures are 100*F (38*C) cooler than with other technologies.
- BWI stands for Brake Wear Indicator. It is a 10mm wide red line that Reynolds embeds into the brake track.
- The indicator, centered over the valve hole on both sides of the rim, becomes visible when excessive wear has occurred to indicate that the wheel needs replacing.
- Reynolds introduces its Enhanced SLG (Swirl Lip Generator) rim; a lip that is 8x larger than standard SLG.
- CFD analysis demonstrates a 35% aerodynamic performance improvement for the Assault SLG and Strike SLG over the previous Assault and Strike models. The performance improvement is a result of rim-shape optimization which includes Enhanced SLG.
- The PR3 (Performance Rim 3) Rim Design identifies three unique areas of the rim and assigns a specific carbon fiber and epoxy formula to each. PR3 is used on the Attack, Assault SLG, Assault SLG Disc Brake, Strik SLG and Assault SLG/Strike SLG Mixed Set wheels.