Shimano BT-DN110-1 Internal Di2 Battery
This product was added to our catalog on October 10, 2016.Nobody goes Di2 so that they can mount an unsightly battery somewhere on their gorgeous bike. Shimano knows what is up and the internal battery was a quick answer to the complaints of the original external battery. The only needed component is one of the cockpit junction boxes to attach a charger, since the battery is no longer easily removable for charging. Either the 3 port SM-EW90-A or the 5 port SM-EW90-F will do the trick. A full charge will last well over 1,000 miles in the worst cold weather conditions so charging once a week is more than enough to keep you topped off for any ride. The 7.4 volt lithium-ion battery has no charge memory, so just like your phone, you can leave it on the charger without worry of degrading the battery. Shimano's junction box displays battery power at any time with the push of any button on the system. A light indicates green for fully charged, flashing green for 50%, solid red for 25%, and a flashing red indicates it is critically low.
- Not compatible with Dura-Ace 7970 Di2 systems
- Charge internal battery with USB power adapter (SM-USB1) through port on EW90-A/B cockpit junction box or SC-705 display unit
- Use Di2 system checker to update component firmware from http://e-tubeproject.shimano.com/
- All Di2 components on the bicycle require the same firmware version. Using Di2 components with different firmware versions may cause malfunctions
- New 110 version is the one necessary hardware upgrade on previous Di2 systems to support new "Synchro Shift" feature. (6870 and 9050 Di2 Systems w/ internal battery) External battery systems must upgrade the battery harness only.
Shifter/Derailleur Compatibility: Dura-Ace 7970 Di2
Shifter/Derailleur Compatibility: Dura-Ace 9070 Di2
Shifter/Derailleur Compatibility: Shimano Ultegra Di2