Shimano XTR PD-M9020 Trail SPD Mountain Pedals w/SM-SH51 Cleats
This is the Shimano PD-M9020 XTR Trail Clipless Pedal. Shimano continues the Shimano Pedaling Dynamics (SPD) legacy with the PD-M9020 Trail pedal. Shimano XTR PD-M9020 Pedals are an incredible pedal for cross country racers or trail riders who demand a light weight clipless pedal, but still want the freedom of a platform. Similar to the PD-M9000, the Trail model features an integrated cage that helps to further support your foot and increase control in technical situations, while at the same time making those tough uphill starts a bit easier. The M9020 also features slim, yet light axle, combined with a revised axle/bearing interface for greater longevity and smoothness. The bearings are still wide-set to maximize stiffness and responsiveness under load and the super strong Chromoly spindle will handle weight and hard riding. All these features combined, and more make the M9020 a strong contender for the best MTB race pedal on the market.
The Shimano XTR M9020 Race Pedals include SM-SH51 (single release angle) cleats and are also compatible with SM-SH56 (multi release angle) cleats. The pedals' entry and release tension can be adjusted via a hex screw on the back of each pedal on both sides.
- Wide pedal-to-shoe contact area
- Wider bearing placement for increased rigidity
- Slimmer, lighter axle
- Low platform height for pedaling stability
- Oval shape axle body housing for smoother mud & debris flow
- Slimmer axle unit increases open space between bindings
- Robust, dependable retention claws provide smooth engagement/release
- Adjustable entry and release tension settings
- Strong, durable chromoly spindle with 8mm hex wrench mount
- Compatible with SM-SH51 (included) and SM-SH56 cleats
Cleat Type: SPD
Entry / Release: adjustable
Pedal Wrench Type: [hex] 8 mm
Claimed Weight: 380 g
Recommended Use: cross-country, trail, all-mountain
Manufacturer Warranty: 3 years
This product was added to our catalog on October 10, 2014.