When we developed the Tarmac Disc, we didn't just want it to be fast. We wanted it to be fast everywhere. Long climbs, windy flats, Grand Tour stages, local fondos—we built a race bike to be the most complete out there. How’d we do it? We started with our Rider-First Engineered™ frame with a perfectly-tuned ride quality for every size, added in some serious aero tech that makes it 45 seconds faster over 40 kilometers than the Tarmac SL5, and then made it 20% lighter. Nothing is lighter, faster, and better handling. The build spec on this Tarmac Disc is value-packed, featuring Shimano Ultegra Di2 electronic shifting and hydraulic disc brakes, a Roval C 38 Disc carbon fiber wheelset, S-Works Turbo tires, and our fan-favorite Power saddle.
- For the construction of the Tarmac, we utilized advanced aerospace composite optimization software to revolutionize the construction and layup of our new FACT 10r carbon. It's the most schedule, we've ever made and this allowed us to shed nearly 200 grams. That's right, a 20% reduction in frame weight—the perfect recipe for your next hill climb PR.
- 500 pieces creating 7 different sizes with the same tuned ride–that’s Rider-First Engineered™. We examine every ply of carbon on every frame size to ensure that all of our performance targets come through. To make sure you get the perfect ride, every frame gets a unique layup schedule with different ply arrangements, orientations, quantities of material in specific areas, and sometimes, even exclusive thicknesses and types of carbon itself.
- Aerodynamics is the most important thing we can do to make you faster, but with the Tarmac, we added aero features without any cost to weight. Through development, three areas were discovered where we could add aero for free—a new fork shape, dropped seatstays with aero tubes, and a D-shaped seatpost and seat tube. The result? A Tarmac that’s approximately 45 seconds faster over 40 kilometers.
- The updated the geometry is based on countless Retül data points and professional rider input. This enabled us to develop a Performance Road Geometry that perfects the combination of a responsive front-end and short wheelbase, which delivers instantaneous response and optimal power transfer.
- For additional compliance, the seatpost has flex built-into the upper 120mm where clamping doesn't happen. We also dropped the seatstays, altered the seat tube shape, and added tire clearance up to 30mm.
|FRAME||Tarmac SL6, FACT 10r carbon, Rider-First Engineered™, OSBB, clean routing, internally integrated seat clamp, 12x142mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc|
|FORK||FACT 10r carbon, 12x100mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc|
|FRONT WHEEL||Roval C 38 Disc, carbon, tubeless-ready, 38mm depth, 24h|
|REAR WHEEL||Roval C 38 Disc, carbon, tubeless-ready, 38mm depth, 24h|
|INNER TUBES||Turbo Ultralight, 48mm Presta valve|
|FRONT TIRE||S-Works Turbo, 120 TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt protection, 700x26mm|
|REAR TIRE||S-Works Turbo, 120 TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt protection, 700x26mm|
|CRANKSET||Shimano Ultegra R8000, HollowTech 2, 11-speed, 52/36T|
|BOTTOM BRACKET||Praxis, BB30 for Shimano|
|SHIFT LEVERS||Shimano Ultegra Di2 Disc R8070|
|FRONT DERAILLEUR||Shimano Ultegra Di2 R8050, braze-on|
|REAR DERAILLEUR||Shimano Ultegra Di2 R8050, GS medium cage|
|CASSETTE||Shimano Ultegra R8000, 11-speed, 11-30t|
|CHAIN||Shimano Ultegra, 11-speed|
|FRONT BRAKE||Shimano Ultegra R8070, hydraulic disc|
|REAR BRAKE||Shimano Ultegra R8070, hydraulic disc|
|HANDLEBARS||Specialized Expert Shallow Drop, alloy, 125mm drop x 75mm reach|
|STEM||Specialized Pro SL, alloy, 4-bolt|
|SADDLE||Body Geometry Power Expert, Hollow Titanium rails|
|SEATPOST||S-Works FACT Carbon Tarmac seatpost, 20mm offset|
|SEAT BINDER||Tarmac SL6 clamp assembly|
This product was added to our catalog on November 6, 2019