When Specialized set out to improve the original S-Works Prevail, they knew that they had their work cut out for them. How could they improve on the industry benchmark for fit, ventilation, and comfort? By listening to their riders—that’s how. Through this, they realized that there were a few aspects of the original Prevail II that needed to be changed, with the biggest request being for a lower-sitting design.
With the Prevail, they set out to prove that big ideas can come in smaller packages. It all starts with their patented EPS construction that relies on multi-density foam that's paired with a woven, Aramid-reinforced skeleton. This comes with a reduction in the overall size, creating a smaller profile that fits lower down on the head for a better fit and safety.
It also has deep internal channels that are aligned from front-to-rear, so the air intake and exhaust are optimized for unparalleled cooling over the entire head. And in the Win Tunnel, these new designs amounted to six seconds saved over 40km when compared to a "standard" road helmet. Another standout feature of the S-Works Prevail II is the Gutter Action System that manages the flow of sweat, keeping it away from your eyes and dripping it off of the pads over your temple.
The new ANGi Crash Sensor gives you and your loved ones peace of mind like never before—when combined with the iOS or Android app, the sensor will detect a crash and send a text message to specified contacts in your phone. It also syncs with the app and STRAVA® to provide GPS-based activity tracking.
In the end, the S-Works Prevail II is the most complete lightweight race helmet Specialized has ever made—perfect for hot, mountainous rides and flat, windy sections alike.
- Patented Energy Optimized Multi-Density EPS construction helps to manage impact energy.
- Patented aramid-reinforced skeleton provides internal EPS support.
- Ultra-light Mindset HairPort II micro-dial fit system with height adjustability for the perfect fit.
- Mega Mouthport optimizes cooling and sweat evaporation.
- Aerodynamic design.
- 4th Dimension Cooling System with deep internal channels, large vents, and aligned exhaust ports.
- Thin, soft, and lightweight 4X DryLite webbing won’t stretch out with sweat or water.
- Tri-Fix web splitter for improved comfort and ease of strap adjustments.
- Instrap webbing system for ultra-light construction and security.
- Gutter Action brow pad design for increased comfort and sweat management.
- Reflective decals for increased visibility to motorists in low-light conditions.
- Patented clip-on visor included.
- Integrated ANGi crash sensor.
This product was added to our catalog on December 7, 2018