SRAM Guide RS Rear Disc Brake (Black) (1800mm) (No Rotor/Bracket)
This product was added to our catalog on September 8, 2014.
This is the SRAM Guide RS Rear Disc Brake. The SRAM Guide RS is precision braking at your fingertips, with a proven 4-piston caliper and innovative SwingLink lever technology that gives you more positive pad contact and increased braking authority. Light, crisp, clean and now perfectly compliments your SRAM drivetrain.
- MatchMaker and MMX Compatible: Save weight and clutter on the bar with Matchmaker. It holds Avid levers, SRAM® triggers, and various RockShox® controls, all with one tidy, light, clamp--a dream come true for handlebar component footprint conservationists the world over. Available in two versions: Matchmaker™ X integrates the RockShox®XLoc and is compatible with XX and X0 brakes. Standard Matchmaker™is also available and works with any split-clamp design and RockShox® PushLoc.
- PiggyBack™ Reservoir: The brake fluid reservoir on SRAM’s latest lever design is optimized for both performance and ease of use. The PiggyBack Reservoir offers a simple, failsafe way to manage brake fluid, and also allows for ambidextrous lever placement—so you can switch your levers on the handlebar and run them moto without hassle.
- PURE™ Bladder: SRAM’s brake lever design includes a reshaped bladder, called Pure, that helps regulate and reduce air bubbles. The bladder is specifically shaped to evacuate air from the lever and push the fluid exactly where it’s needed. The result is improved back-pressure relief, which produces dependable braking power and consistency.
- Reach Adjust: Brake lever fit and feel is a personal thing. Riders have individual positioning preferences, as well as unique hand sizes and finger lengths. Reach Adjust makes it easy to adjust your lever for maximum one-finger control for everyone.
- SwingLink™: Squeeze a SRAM Guide brake lever and you notice it immediately. Less deadband. More positive pad engagement. A unique cam system requires less lever throw to push the pads toward the rotor. That’s great, but there’s more to perfect braking performance than just power. You need control. Many brake systems minimize deadband—but at the cost of modulation. SwingLink solves that with its special cam shape. When the pads contact the rotor, power is modulated, avoiding that “on/off” brake feel. It’s the perfect balance of power and precision.
- Timing Port Closure: A hydraulic brake’s timing port is the connection between the reservoir and the master cylinder bore. When the lever is squeezed, a cup seal passes this area and closes the port, which pressurizes the system. SRAM’s timing port closure system features durable seals and an ultra-smooth cylinder bore finish, producing dependable braking power and consistency.
Lever Material: Aluminum
Caliper Design: 4-piston, dual diameter caliper
Rotor: Centerline 140, 160, 170, 180, 200mm (Not included)
Pad: Steel-backed Organic
Fluid: DOT 5.1
Adjustment: Tool-free Reach Adjust, Banjo Adjust
Special Features: Tool-free Reach Adjust, Piggyback Reservoir, MatchMaker X compatible, Lever Pivot Bearings
Technology Highlight(s): SwingLink™, PURE™ Bladder, Timing Port Closure
Material: Forged Aluminum
Pad / Holder: Top-loading
Intended Use: TR/AM/FR
System: Open System
Tri-Align Caliper Positioning System: No
Tool-Free Pad Replacement: Yes
Bend Zone™: Yes
Stainless Hardware: Yes
NOTE: Brake rotor and caliper mounting adapter not included.