SRAM Roam 50 Rear 27.5" UST Wheel XD (11-Speed) (6-Bolt Disc)
This is the SRAM Roam 50 Rear Wheel 27.5" UST XD (11-Speed). It’s everything the modern mountain biker could ask for. One of the lightest alloy trail wheels in the market, ROAM 50 delivers a smart balance of weight, inertia and stiffness—making for a very responsive and predictable wheel. Thanks to our WIDE ANGLE rim, its tire profile delivers superior traction.
- XD rear wheel accepts SRAM 10-42 11-speed MTB cassette
- Freehub body uses DT Swiss' Star Ratchet design
- Designed for Trail and XC riding
- Rear ships with press-fit end caps for QR and 12mm axle
- One size spoke fits the entire wheel model: front left and right, rear left and right
- Asymmetric aluminum UST compatible rims with variable wall thickness for minimum weight and maximum impact resistance
- Intended use: XC/TR
- Lightweight aluminum rim with asymmetrical TAPER CORE profile
- WIDE ANGLE profile: 21mm inside, 25mm outside rim width
- UST compatible
- Available with 11-speed XD™ Driver Body, 10- or 9-speed driver body
- Aluminum nipples with nylon lock ring
- SOLO SPOKE design with double butted, lightweight steel spokes
- Durable hub internals with Star Ratchet system
- SIDE SWAP easy conversion to all axle types
- DOUBLE-DECKER hub shell design
Stacked in your favor. This hub shell design takes straight pull spoke slots and stacks them two-by-two—distributing force perfectly around the wheel’s SOLO SPOKE design. The resulting wheel dish is wider, maximizing lateral stiffness while retaining some frontal compliance.
Unique fork, axle and compression technologies combine at the core of Predictive Steering. Fork twisting is reduced thanks to the large-diameter TORQUE TUBE axle that creates an unbreakable bond, locking the lowers in place and maximizing torsional stiffness. A wider hub flange spacing results in a stronger, more responsive wheel. The new Maxle Ultimate completes the connection with a tighter, stronger clamping force than you’d expect with a quick release compression system. Compatible with the SRAM PREDICTIVE STEERING hub and the RISE XX, RISE 60 and ROAM 50 29" Wheels, and featured on RockShox RS-1.
Switching axles has never been easier. Threadless side caps can be installed and replaced by hand—no tools necessary. SIDE SWAP SYMMETRICAL side caps refuse to take sides. The left side cap is identical to the right one. No need to figure out where each cap is going.
With SOLO SPOKE, you’re never wrong. SRAM wheel design eliminates the need for different spoke lengths—one size fits the entire wheel. This identical-length design means no longer wondering whether you have the right front/rear/drive-side/nondrive-side spoke handy.
Front + Rear + Drive-Side + Nondrive-Side = 1 Spoke
Strong in the right places. The sidewalls of SRAM rims are reinforced along the wings to withstand major impact. But the sidewalls then taper in along the center—reducing overall mass. The result is a very light rim with excellent dent resistance.
No tube, no-brainer. UST TUBELESS rims feature hooked edges designed to seal with UST compatible tires. The result is improved traction and control, less inertia and fewer flats.
Take corners as fast as you want. SRAM wheels have a wider rim profile without significant added mass. This profile holds tire shape better, preventing tire roll and giving you superior comfort and traction around corners.
19mm XC Racing
XD Driver Body™:
XD is a new cassette driver body design that allows the use of a 10 tooth small cog and provides an improved interface with the cassette.
Hub Drilling: 24
Rear Axle Type: 10x1
Rear Axle Type: 12mm Thru-axle
Cassette Body Type: XD 11-Speed
Hub/Brake Compatibility: 6-Bolt Disc
ISO Diameter: 584 / 650b / 27.5"
Valve Length: Short 32-40mm
Wheel Size: 27.5"
Wheel Size: 650b
Tire Type: UST Tubeless
Rear Wheel Type: Mountain
Rear Hub Spacing: 135mm
Spoke Info: Straight Pull Double Butted 3X
Skewer Included: N/A
Internal Rim Width: 21
This product was added to our catalog on December 17, 2014.